ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie Questions

Civic Type R FN2
Hi, it's the first day of driving my Clio 182 Cup today, and I've noticed a few things I thought I'd ask about.

This morning on the way to work, I was joining a dual carriageway, and as I put my foot down in 3rd to get up to speed, the car juddered a bit. Nothing too scary, but its like it wasn't ready, and definitely something I wouldn't expect to come from a 6 year old car. Also whilst cruising at 70mph, the "exhaust gas monitor warning" light flashed twice then went out like nothing had happened.

Funnily enough on the way home I couldn't find fault, and everything was as normal. It's a great car, and coming from a 21 year old MX5 it's nice not to be laying down, and be able to hear myself think whilst driving!

Then I parked up, got out, closed the door and alarmed the car. It then beeped 3 (maybe 2) times at me. Is this the alarm?

One thing I may add is that the car has been sitting in the garage for a week, so hopefully the problem I encountered this morning is nothing more than the car stretching it's legs.

Any advice/help appreciated.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Yeah engine light flashing sounds like lambda sensor. And with the beeping alarm, I'm fairly sure this is the car warning you the internal sensors are deactivated. I believe you do this from turning the key to ign 2 twice while in the car...? I can't remember. I know the car beeps 4 times when you unlock if the alarm has been set off while you were away from the car... Or is it 5? Hmm heavy weekend.