ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie in Somerset

RSClio 172
Hi everyone. I've just joined today and thought I would introduce myself. I have recently bought myself a silver 172, from another forum member. It's not my first 172, my wife and I had a metallic red one for two years until 2012 until we foolishly p/exed it for a grande punto sporting (don't ask!). I bought the new one about six weeks ago and so far it appears to be a genuine car that hasn't been mucked about with too much. There is one small issue that I know is common with clio's and that is the headlights crazing. Any idea's on a fix? The other thing I'm keen to find out is any local meets etc in the Somerset/Dorset areas. I look forward to chatting. tricky172

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome!

The headlights fogging up is a fairly common issue, search headlight correction for a guide.

As for meets, we have a meet in Exeter every month on the 2nd Friday, which is a bit far from you but hopefully at some point there'll be something further up country for you.

ST TDCI
Hi from another Yeovil clio owner!

Get the 3M headlight kit - it will sort the headlights out a treat for £20 and about 2 hours.

Will keep an eye out for you - I presume Ph2?

Dave.

RSClio 172
Another silvery one I see! Ph2 I guess (i'll be honest! It's an 02 plate and I didn't know there was a difference). Looking forward to the better weather as my Clio is very much a fun car, not a daily driver. Track days???

RSClio 172
Hi, ilovewilly (great monicker!) I hope to meet up sometime. Bit of a fair weather owner mind, love the car a bit too much.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
hi Dan, where's the meet in January?

There is an exeter one every month, only just off the M5 so pretty easy to get to and from.

It tends to be a bit quieter at this time of year than in the summer though.

Edit: Beaten to it by Callum!