ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie here from Buckinghamshire!

Clio 172 sport
Hi guys new to the form and French cars lol. Used to be a vag man to be honest but a freind of mine brought me to the dark side ;)

172 Cup
Welcome Mikey :)
If you're worried about French reliability, don't be. Mine's about to hit 100k and there are plenty gone further than that.
The other day a mate was servicing his girlfriend's BINI and going on about German build quality
As he's putting the dip-stick back in it snaps.
Won't take much searching on various VAG forums to find threads about thrown rods.
German build quality. :rofl:

Clio 172 sport
Welcome Mikey :)
If you're worried about French reliability, don't be. Mine's about to hit 100k and there are plenty gone further than that.
The other day a mate was servicing his girlfriend's BINI and going on about German build quality
As he's putting the dip-stick back in it snaps.
Won't take much searching on various VAG forums to find threads about thrown rods.
German build quality. :rofl:

I am a little, as I've had a few issues already e.g throttlepeddle problems, 2 pins on throttle body bent :/ possible drive shaft knock. And also need the dredded cam belt doing as after reading up on them I don't fancy doing the job lol but apart from that driving it hard in corners and round about makes me forget about the issues ;)

172 Cup
argh, should have come here for buying advice first, we would have told you about the cam belt!
Strange though, I would always check it was done with proper history on any car :p

It's possible if you pop a drive shaft out that you will spill your gearbox oil which is kinda smelly so try not to.
Bent pins just means someone buggered it up once right? could happen on any car!

Get it all sorted, you know it's worth it. Just remember the warm fuzzy feeling you get on B roads.

Clio 172 sport
argh, should have come here for buying advice first, we would have told you about the cam belt!
Strange though, I would always check it was done with proper history on any car :p

It's possible if you pop a drive shaft out that you will spill your gearbox oil which is kinda smelly so try not to.
Bent pins just means someone buggered it up once right? could happen on any car!

Get it all sorted, you know it's worth it. Just remember the warm fuzzy feeling you get on B roads.

I know I should of! Bit of a kick in the teeth but hay ho. I swapped it for my previous car and works out that it only ows me £900 at the moment ;) well I think it's dive shaft as I put my foot down and I get a slight vibration from somewhere front n/s or a little wobble.

I just painted the inlet and bits and cleaned the whole engle bay today and it's looking good so far. And a full machine polish yesterday and the moneco blue is looking really nice! If I do say so myself ill put some pics up later.

Do you know anyone on here that would do my camblet?

BMW 840i Gran Coupe
Just realised the reply!

I live off Ellen Road.

Not too far from you!

There are a couple of Sports in Aylesbury, but barely see them!

How are you getting on with yours?