ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from Newcastle Upon Tyne

Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying either a 172 or a 182 is there much difference? And which one should i go for?
What should i be looking out for?

sorry if i might sound idiotic but I've finally saved up and want to get things right.

cheers guys

Paul

Clio 182
Welcomr along, basically if you want a track car, 172 are the best as they dont have all the fancy bits with it. But if you like cruise control, climate control, xenons headlights the 182 are the better choice. 172, look very similar to a 1.2 clio whereas with 182, the dual exhaust gives it that "wtf factor" haha

BG 182, BMW 320d
Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying either a 172 or a 182 is there much difference? And which one should i go for?
What should i be looking out for?

sorry if i might sound idiotic but I've finally saved up and want to get things right.

cheers guys

Paul
Hello welcome, Go to uni in newcastle got a BG 182. DTM cars usually have some 182s in if your looking to buy local.

Welcome along good to see another goerdie!

You will pay top dollar up here for a 172 or 82 as I found out. Make sure you have proof of belts having been done or budget for this if you decide to buy one without proof. Belts are around the 500 mark so the seller should deduct this from the price