ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from Herts looking for a 172 Cup as a track car

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Good Afternoon guys and girl, my names Bobby, im from Ware in Herts and im currently in the process of putting my Seat Leon Cupra R up for sale and looking at purchasing a 172 Cup with a budget of about 3k.

Very nice forum here lots and lots of new information for me to take in and learn about.

Look forward to owning one of these pocket rocket in the not to distant future.

Cheers

Bobby

Renault Clio 172 Cup
cheers guys, seen a couple of nice 172 cups in the for sale section, just need to find a buyer for my Cupra r then il be well away. :)

182 ff
bobby u can have my 182 for 2k needs a service 101k ive owned from new ! 54 plate silver only around the corner in stevenage !

172 Cup
Welcome for another Herts member.

I just got myself a cup so good luck with the sale of you R and happy cup hunting.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Getting the Cupra R serviced on tuesday so fingers crossed i can selling the beauty pretty quickly and get on the phone to a couple of owners of some nice 172 cups ive spotted. :)

172 Cup
It's really great fun. I've come from 4 years of BMW track cars so I have been dreading moving into a FWD car but it has so much else going for it that it can be forgiven. The lightness and 'chuckability' really stand out, and not having ABS really concentrates the mind and adds a scare factor to the drive.

I will say though that I think my car isn't handling as well as it should due to tired front dampers and possibly incorrect fitment rear dampers.

If you want to come over to Stevenage some time I don't mind taking you for a drive. PM me for my mobile.

EDIT: Just realised I am in Ware tomorrow for work.

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
I have a great 172 cup for track use i would consider selling.

KW v3's
Recaro's
strut braces F+R
decat
Ktech exhaust.

Body work is a bit untidy, but drives well!

Renault Clio 172 Cup
It's really great fun. I've come from 4 years of BMW track cars so I have been dreading moving into a FWD car but it has so much else going for it that it can be forgiven. The lightness and 'chuckability' really stand out, and not having ABS really concentrates the mind and adds a scare factor to the drive.

I will say though that I think my car isn't handling as well as it should due to tired front dampers and possibly incorrect fitment rear dampers.

If you want to come over to Stevenage some time I don't mind taking you for a drive. PM me for my mobile.

EDIT: Just realised I am in Ware tomorrow for work.

PM'd You mate

Renault Clio 172 Cup
I have a great 172 cup for track use i would consider selling.

KW v3's
Recaro's
strut braces F+R
decat
Ktech exhaust.

Body work is a bit untidy, but drives well!

Thanks for the offer :), but carlisle is a bit to far for me to travel to look at a car sorry mate.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
The Cupra R has now sold and is getting picked up sunday, and hopefully looking at a 172 cup on saturday or sunday. Cant wait :)

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Could potentially be a 172 cup owner by the end of the weekend, going to see one in enfield, one in high wycombe, one in norwich and one in stevenage. Fingers crossed :)

Phase 2 172 Sport
Welcome along mate, hopefully 1 of the 1's your going to view will be in the condition you are after !!