ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie from Edinburgh

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
IMG_0471_zps1856bf15.jpg

IMG_0476_zps4351863b.jpg

IMG_0461_zps40c4bd18.jpg

IMG_0475_zps32e909a6.jpg

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
oops, 1st time with photobucket and seems I deleted the words, lol

it shouldve read........

Hi all, i'm Gary

Picked up the 172 last week from my mate ( Gaz85 ) on the forum, loving the 172 so far and having previoulsy owned a 2004 Pug 180 I can definitely say its a quicker / better handling car :).

Found the site really useful and already had to look into a problem with my Xenons " my problem is i'm lighting up planes in the sky rather than the road " lol , tried the allen key fix but seems the motors arent working or something, not being the greatest at car DIY I've booked it in with ( Rentec Edinburgh ) to get the lights sorted and wheels re-balanced so hopefully will have some night vision soon :p

Couple of pics below

IMG_0471_zps1856bf15.jpg

IMG_0476_zps4351863b.jpg

IMG_0461_zps40c4bd18.jpg

IMG_0475_zps32e909a6.jpg

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
aye mate I've known Gary T for ages, there's a fair few Gaz's behind the wheels of clio sports so thought I'd put my name in the ring aswell ;-)

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
yeh its the 172 Gaz got in p/x when he sold his focus ST, he still has the track car but i managed to take this one off his hands :)

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
I've been lucky, the guy who had it before Gaz looked after it well and I think only added the steering wheel recently, it's got the odd wee bit that i'll get looked at but for its age its in good condition, plus as ive said compared to my diesel Qashqai the clio feels like an F1 car !! lol

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
Thanks Jezza, I dont see too many clio sports around that often so be good to catch up with you boys , there is a Trophy I see quite a bit in Edinburgh, looks like its running coilovers n stuff , not sure if he's on the forum though

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
evening G! far too many Gaz's in Scotland on here. Shall miss this car but no point having two clios doing nowt while im in aberdeen

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
hi buddy, yeh i think the Gaz's have a bit of a clio cartel going on in scotland :) cheers for parting with the car I know u had plans for it

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm guessing the height sensor on the rear axle is still disconnected like it was 18 months ago and that's why the lights are off to s**t

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
G172 - thanks mate, I've seen great feedback for urself on the forum for brake parts so I'll make sure and keep u in mind when my own are needing done

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
Djw John , thanks for the heads up on the height sensor, is it a relatively easy fix? I'm not the greatest at car DIY but willing to get my hands dirty and give it a try :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah relatively easy to get working, if you know your way around a cable tie! Actual replacement isn't too bad from what I vaguely remember

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
Cool , cheers for that ill have a look tomorrow " cable ties at the ready " if I can't fix it atleast it's in at Rentech next week and on there ramps it should be quite an easy fix

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
Lol, I reckon it'll be interesting if we all meet for a pint :) reckon we wld be best to use our forum names to keep it simple!!! Really like ur 182, my budget couldn't quite stretch that far though

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
Lol, good try but I reckon I'll keep a hold if it :) Gives the car a go kart feel through the bends!!!

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I wish the car in the same standard once I buy it back ;)

Fiesta ST3 & Astra
Cheers lads, u ain't too far away from me over there in Fife, hopefully there will be a local meet soon, if nothing else it will be a good laugh seeing all the " Gaz's " from the forum in Scotland all in the 1 spot :)

172 & RSi
Just found these threads with my old baby in. I was almost in tears when I sold that car! Still have the photos of it completely standard with a keyed door somewhere.

Gaz do you still own it or know where it is now?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Probably 5-6 months since Gaz bought his ST. Forgot the name of the new owner.