ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie alert

clio 182
Hi folks just bought a 2005 Clio 182 cup 2 days ago with the intention of doing track days ,I'm pretty new to the hot hatch scene as I've spent the last 10 yrs driving Subaru impreza's of various sorts and just wanted a change.Any tips on what's best or needed for getting the best out the clio on the track.

Clio 182
Welcome along, taken mine on on track twice, one dry and one wet, used the same tyres (road tyres as its my daily), on the dry the car does stick to the track very well, when I went again in the wet, I was all over the place haha. Get some decent tyres, but welcome along

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome along mate

Gave some brake advice over PM. Other common changes are getting a set of 15 inch alloys as the tyres are a lot cheaper and I preferred mine on the smaller wheels. They come up regularly on here , so should be able to get some with some track focused tyres on

A rear anti roll bar is a popular addition (Whiteline do one) . Then there's the suspension- depending on condition of existing, new shocks and a decent set of lowering springs will help or can go the coil over route. Then can refresh some of the bushes etc and a geo set up. Depends on budget and how far you want to go really

clio 182
Cheers for the info ,will be looking into new struts as 1 of the rears is leaking .Car has a set of lowering springs fitted so will be scouring this forum to see the best set up for suspension