ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New version of Mac OS on the horizon???

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
http://www.appleinsider.com/article...al_back_to_the_mac_event_on_october_20th.html

event-101013.jpg

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I wonder if 10.7 server will finally provide full support for iPhones, it sucks that 10.6 doesn't.

clio 172/Fabia vRS
I'm buying a macbook pro this week. Sorry to hijack the post ( a bit), but will i be able to upgrade snow leapord to lion for free when it comes out, or do mac not work like that?

I'm buying a macbook pro this week. Sorry to hijack the post ( a bit), but will i be able to upgrade snow leapord to lion for free when it comes out, or do mac not work like that?

Apple generally give you a grace period of buying laptops of either a free or heavily subsidised upgrade. I cant remember what they did for snow leopard but when they went from tiger to leopard, they offered free upgrades (£5 P&P) for people who had bought a machine with tiger within a month-ish of leopard being released.

clio 172/Fabia vRS
Well If it's only 20-30 quid I don't mind too much :) Thanks for the quick response. I'll be asking loads of questions next week when it arrives. I work in I.T., but I am a Mac virgin. Watched the aluminium unibody video and couldn't resist. And now it's intel based I can dual boot windows 7.

Whenever it comes out, the leopard 'upgrade' disk is only 25 quid and I cant imagine Sex Panther being any more than that, so its not exactly a bank breaker.

The upgrade version is a full, standalone version which, since it isnt keycoded, can be installed on any number of clients (it breaks the ts&cs but you can do it with no problems) so its actually pretty good value.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Predictions from me..
  • Facetime intergration - Replaces or adds to iChat (or iChat is renamed to facetime )
  • Smaller OS footprint
  • Instant on (requires SSD or new hardware)
  • £90
  • New/rewritten os core apps (itunes, mail, ical etc etc)
  • Upgrade will be similar to the tiger - leopard jump.

Predictions from me..
[*]Instant on (requires SSD or new hardware)

Funnily enough, I have seen some quite interesting things with leopard and snow leopard. I have looked at machines, put them on standby, forgot to turn them off and completely stripped them. Battery out, memory out, HDD out, new logic board in and all sorts.

And all the new OS's actually fire up almost instantly, as if still on standby, when you bolt them back together. Im no programmer, but I cant see any reason why you couldnt take this a stage further and have an image of the system state be instantly accessible from a power down in the new OS.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The only thing stopping it is hardware (Conventional HDD's) and the sheer size of the OS

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
To be fair though, I guess the majority of people buying the replacement will just be using it for simple tasks ...I guess it would come with an SSD as standard?

Inferno 182 CUP
Back to the Mac LIVE .. Anyone Watching?

iLife 11 .. nice so far .. ill be grabbing that s**t!

Hurry up with os 10.7

Inferno 182 CUP
Re: Back to the Mac LIVE .. Anyone Watching?

iLife11 FREE on a new mac! AWESOME!!

and available today?

so if i go order a mac in a week ill get ilife 11?