ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New TV Needed 37" - help....

don't
Hi,

I’ll be moving out in the next month and I’m after a new 37” tv for the lounge
I’ve done some searches and looked about for quite a while but old posts become out of date with tv’s especially

Budget wise, I was originally looking at spending £500 maximum but have seen some deals (like in Asda for a Daewoo but no reviews online) for £400-500 and obviously I’m moving out so a saving would be beneficial

Usage wise, it will be the main lounge tv and will be connected up with sky tv, just standard definition but will want to watch football and F1 on it, I’ll also use it for playing DVD’s and also for the wii, I’ll probably get a decent wii component cable for it and also a better quality scart (oxygen free) to hopefully make the sky picture decent

One possible I’ve found is a Hannspree 37” XV37 GT - a few threads on avforums and here about this one so maybe some members have one? £380 from teleland

http://www.teleland.co.uk/item--Hannspree-37-GT-Freeview-LCD-HD-TV--HannspreeXV37GT.html

opinions? Any other suggestions? Please no suggestions over £500 though

Thanks

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Post in the right section?

I just bought a LG 42" plasma for a shade over £500 from tesco.
(double points clubcard FTW)

Its great.

don't
hmmmm but then again, my lounge isn't going to be massive and I want a 37" screen, problem might be that from my viewing distance an lcd would look poor in standard def - where as a crt or plasma might even be better for my circumstances

don't
I think we'd sit about 2 metres from the screen, no further than 2.5 anyway

went for a walk about round comet last night and the woman suggested a plasma for my needs, due to sport and not being too far from the screen

mainly the panasonic 37" TH-37PX8BA for £529

not managed to find it cheaper online yet

i still love my 37lg6000 once i calibrated the screen it looks fantastic with hd and very good with freeview i was surprised with the sd performance actually and i only sit about as far away as you

360 looks great on it as do all my hd movies

Lotus Exige, 182
I have a 37" plasma screen panasonic, think it had a slightly different reference to that one - it's got a very good picture and decent sound quality, and I think that the image is actually getting better now I've had it a few months although that might just be me! I've got cable, no HD, so it might be that they've ugraded the feed of course. Mine is also not full 1080p, if that is important to you, you could have to spend more. Mine also didn't come with a stand, which was another £100.