ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New top mounts query

LY Megane R26
Hi guys,

I'm planning on fitting my cooksport springs next weekend (can't wait lol)
And thought since its apart I may replace the top mounts as I can get them through work, I have 2 kits available though.
One of the kits i can get is just the bearing and mount itself, but the other comes with the cup that screws on before the nut on top. Do I really need that cup, or will I be fine just going for new bearing and rubber mount?
But both kits come with new top nuts too.

Just wondered what other people's thoughts were on this?

Chris

LY Megane R26
Assuming your in the trade mate? Where you getting the parts from?

Hi pal, yer I'm in the trade. Certainly helps out here an there.

I get my parts from Andrew Page Ltd (since I work for them lol)
We have a depot not too far from you in Ellesmere Port CH65 4FF

Also I forgot to mention the cup on top is actually the older version, not the new updated one Renault now sell.
I intended on just getting these and using the washer method? Since there's a huge cost difference and the convenience of them being in stock....

But the difference between the kit is like £15, so wasn't sure if it was worth the extra £15 just to change them 2 cups that sit on top of the mount.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I needed one quick today so bought it from Jim barrows. It was a three piece kit from memory, not cheap mind. How much are they from you guys out of interest?

LY Megane R26
I bet... how much was it out if interest?
What make was the one you got pal? Was it firstline by any chance?

I can't remember the trade price, it's my sat in tomorrow so I can have a butchers tomorrow for you if you like? Ill drop you a pm with the price of both options :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that would be good. No it wasn't firstline, something beginning with s or p, can't bloody remember lol. I know they had to get it from liverpool at short notice hence the cost, fifty seven quid :(. I don't like leaving stuff that needs to be done.

LY Megane R26
Wasn't SNR by any chance was it?

yer I don't blame you mate, I'm the same hate leaving things, not everything is like this but a lot of the time it's left then gets worse and costs twice as much as when the first problem came around.
But £57 is quite a lot more than ours, ill have a nosey tomorrow for you pal :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
No it wasn't that, will find out tomo. I know it wasn't cheap but no one else had them in until monday so needs must. Yeah give me a shout tomo, we have you used you guys before btw albeit only once or twice. Until tomo mate :)

LY Megane R26
Andrew Page keep them in stock ;) lol
but yer sometimes needs are must and you have to just bite the bullet.

Are you in the trade too I'm guessing? Do you work for a garage or have an account with us?
Cause I can access Ellesmere ports customers. Just need a garage name if you work for one and use us (even if it was one it twice lol) and I can search that way then.

LY Megane R26
So slightly of topic there, but are there about this?
I'm looking to fit this weekend, so ideally wanted to get ten ready by then, just really not sure which kit to go for?

I don't think I added the parts up right before, and there is a difference of over £20 just for that cup that screws on top of the shock before the nut. Obviously different makes play a part in the cost too. But both are top premium brands still, so there's no problems there.