ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to the clio forum !

172 Phase 1
Hi everyone,

I am new to the clio forum and know it is polite to pop in and say hi !

I have a mk1 172 and have given it a hard time the past year at several tracks around the country. I have only had the car just over a year but I am so amazed at how much it loves bouncing around the rev limiter most of its life..... are there any common problems I should be looking out for ?

So far I have changed the timing belt and pulleys, aux belt, water pump, rear shocks, lowered 40mm, carbone Lorraine RC6 pads, rbf600 brake fluid and cooling to the front brakes. Has had 6 oil changes the past year due to the amount of hard work it has done on the track.

Any views or tips on turbocharging the little bugger will also be appreciated, I haven't scanned the forum just yet.

If you are at oulton park 2nd March, see you there.

Darren

172 Phase 1
Thanks guys, I will be doing the work myself. I am a mechanic by trade and currently run a workshop in West London.

I have all the tools, just time that is the issue......