ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to group and Engine troubles :-( help

clio 182 cup
Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum so HI,

I purchased a 182 cup off a friend who for the second time didnt put a drop of oil in the engine and had destroyed his second engine.

I got it with the intention of a rebuild and maybe a new engine.

Anyways old engine was destroyed so decided to get another engine..

Purchased and over the space of a few weeks i put this back into the car in my spare time..

All was going well and decided to change all belts when the new engine was out of the car.

Put all back to gether and started the car.. started fine after a few turns...

I had a few error codes appear.. o2 sensor.. so replaced

Next was TPS so took apart and fully cleaned and put back on 100 miles later has not re appeared.

However the one single problem i have thats driving me insane.. when you start the car .. (only happens when cold) it idles fine but when u go to drive it and accelerate the engine does not rev... infact drops really low on revs .. for about 10 seconds i cannot rev it at all... after the 10 seconds its back to normal.. revs fine ...

I really am confused and im considering taking it to a garage.. that i dont want to do especially after all my hard work..

Anyone else had any of these problems?

Any help will be massively appreciated.. cheers everyone

clio 182 cup
Heya,

Further testing and i have discovered.. this only happens when the car is in gear and releasing clutch..

So weird :-(