ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New to Frenchies

Audi RS4 (B5)
Hi all

I currently drive an Audi RS4 (B5) with a number of mods (470bhp and 486ft lbs :rasp:)
I'm looking into getting a Track Car, and these little blighters always seem to crop up in discussions about a good cheap/honest car for some track fun.

I'm not new to track days, but find the RS4 too damned heavy and costly on consumables (tyres at £150 a corner, front discs at £350 a pair, front pads at £200 a set, etc etc), so want to get something a little more fun and sensible while at it.

No fixed budget as such, but would be looking for a modded car (suspension, zorst, air filter, brakes, stripped or partially stripped interior, aircon delete, etc), so basically ready to go. As much as I love having projects on the go, just makes sense buying the car with the money already spent on it.

Question though - these cars are run ragged on track of course, but assuming they're cared for and serviced very regularly, how do they fare on mileages? Any issues with cars over say 80k+ miles ?

Cheers all.

BTW I'm based down in Kent - anyone with a modded Clio that wouldn't mind showing an enthusiast/petrolhead their 'ride' would be appreciated.

;)

Audi RS4 (B5)
Why disappointed Will? That I'm new to French car ownership?

I lied !! I did have a Laguna 2.0 many years ago. Awful car, but liked the way it looked :)

Megane 225 F1
The thread title. Was expecting a thread on underwear ;)

I'm glad you have joined us in the French world.

Welcome... RS4, Dribble.

Cambelt needs doing every 5 years or 72k (im pissed im sure thats right though)... Whichever comes first.

Other than that standard exhuasts rot quickly, So a belt changed, well serviced and cared for car can make a great track car.

Audi RS4 (B5)
Cheers - can't stop reading about Track Project cars. Hats off to all those that have done them, or are doing them, or indeed will do them in the future!

I'm not good enough with a spanner myself... :(