ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Sub + Amp

Renault meggy
Just got this sub and amp package
I did have this one
What I want to know is which would be best in my car and could I have them both running?
Also, if I were to use the new sub and amp would they be took much for the original wiring kit?

Thanks

mk2 ph1
Your new one is a lot better.

You can run both at the same time but there is no point really. The 10" Vibe will give you a lot more punch than the 12" mutant and besides they wont sound good together being 10/12

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
oh no, MUTANT, they do good amps, well combined they are with JBL subs, had mine two and half years, but the subs, whats the expression, goes somert like [bardge pole wouldn't touch it with.]

Setting my mates mutant amp and sub up, it blew as the amp with equal power made my mates boot smoke, and i aint that numb when it comes to wireing these up.

Oh yeh and the old mutant twin 12" in enclese box they blew on the same day boutght the same day too.

If you can afford the vibe, you will not be needing the mutant only for a little wieght weighing you down.

did you know it is bonfire night soon, get that shi* sub on a bomb'i

You can run both at the same time but there is no point really. The 10" Vibe will give you a lot more punch than the 12" mutant and besides they wont sound good together being 10/12

All you need to know really. Different size subs don't work well together.

Also IIRC Mutant and Vibe are made by the same people.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v

All you need to know really. Different size subs don't work well together.

Also IIRC Mutant and Vibe are made by the same people.
I think they are, sure I have heard that.

Renault meggy
Thanks for all the replys. Installed the Vibe and sold the Mutant for £50
Just gotta play around with the setting now.

Renault meggy
Ok so I've got the sub set up how I think is best but I think its too loud for my door speakers. Does anyone know any speakers that will out preform these?
My HU has 4x50w

Thanks

muz

big fat japanese bus
vibe do make fly there all cast of makes sort of cheaper ranges for the more poverty pple:)

untrue! Fli used some of the VIBE staff on a consultancy basis allowing them to build cheap subs for the chav market.

VIBE top end stuff is v good, however some of the cheap stuff is well cheap.

Back to original post - what size wiring did you use in the first place?

Clio 1.2 8V Authentique
I think the Vibe CBR10 Ported Enclosures look tacky as a fake leather jacket that your Auntie wears and still says its real! Sorry buy it had to be said!

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
those comps will out do the standard door speakers lmao but just remember that the sub and the uprated door speakers will make ur car rattle like a saterday night after a curry at thai dongs

Renault meggy
those comps will out do the standard door speakers lmao but just remember that the sub and the uprated door speakers will make ur car rattle like a saterday night after a curry at thai dongs

yeah I know what you mean ;)
I,ve turned to bass down on the door speakers to prevent rattling as much as possible

muz

big fat japanese bus

yeah I know what you mean ;)
I,ve turned to bass down on the door speakers to prevent rattling as much as possible

2 words for you - brown bread

my clio didn't have a single rattle, and hit over 130db easily despite being set up for SQ

Clio 1.6 16v Sport
Iv fitted a 12' Pioneer Premier Edition 3000watts on my Clio and the Base is HECTIC... will post pics so you all could have an idea... My one mate is running a 12' Vibe sub and it also sounds very nice so yeah, thats also not a bad idea of having...

Clio 1.6 16v Sport
Ok so I've got the sub set up how I think is best but I think its too loud for my door speakers. Does anyone know any speakers that will out preform these?
My HU has 4x50w

Thanks

I think those door speakers should hold up very well. Down here the best split system is a brand called Infinity, dont know if you herd of it but it also should be as equally good of quality and power as what you have there...:)

Clio Sport - KR0*EVL
infinity speakers are the tits, go for kappa, reference are ok. but a perfect 12.1Q will outperform that vibe...miles dwn.