ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New stripe on a 197

Nimbus 197
I didn't manage to get to the renault world series at silverstone, but looking at the pics people took I noticed the new 200 cup has a kinda funky stripe on it.

So..........I thought I would try it on my 197:
P1000004.gif

Will do the roof and tailgate tomorrow/Sunday, looks awesome if you see the car coming up behind you (wife caught me up this morning on the way to work)
Was ruddy hard to find a "straight" line to work off on the car, trust me, it may look off but it is straight, lol

Try not to look at the garage, it's best described as "grubby"

Flame Red Delight
hmm not sure to be honest mate, better pics would be nice, but the grey on grey just isnt doing it for me im affraid.

AK

M240i
I do like it.. but..

What about a different colour? Maybe darker?! or white? Grey on grey isn't the best mate!

Like the idea tho!

Nimbus 197
Once it's all done this weekend I will take a pic from 20ft back, it makes sense then ;) Wish I could find the pic I had showing a 200 from the front with it.

Oh, and graphite grey on grey is the ONLY colour I will have on the car, tried everything else and it's the only colour that works tbh

Looking at it it looks lighter than it is in that pic, it is the exact same colour as the ones on the bumpers

Nimbus 197
All done, it doesn't look right when you are close up, so will take pics/video of it coming down the road, which is when it looks awesome:
P1000175.gif

P1000176.gif

P1000178.gif

I readliy admit that I will never put a stripe on a 197 again, as find a straight line on this car is like looking for a needle in a haystack!

Nimbus 197
I notice you didn't do the bit under the spoiler? this is the section that is annoying me the most, think I might remove it

DCi 100
Should have attached something to your garage roof that was straight and worked from that ;)

Looks good IMO.

Nimbus 197
Should have attached something to your garage roof that was straight and worked from that ;)

Looks good IMO.

It's more the angles on the car that make a problem, the boot for example has three angle changes for the one sticker! The roof was easy (ish) and the bonnet is a nightmare as if you work from the centre line (as I did) it looks totally off :mad:

Happy with the results though, and for £25 all in can't complain.

Nimbus 197
Cheers for the comments guys, think I agree on the wheels. NEVER liked anthracite wheels but needs must (they need a refurd anyways)

b/g 182, meg tourer
looks good, i would remove the decals on the bumpers and doors tho. it looks a little cluttered. the stripes look great tho. needs black or grey wheels now tho too.

Nimbus 197
looks good, i would remove the decals on the bumpers and doors tho. it looks a little cluttered. the stripes look great tho. needs black or grey wheels now tho too.

more likely to remove the rear decal (as in the rear stripe part) as I prefer the F1 style ones to the stripe, and the boot bit is the bit I kinda ain't fond of.