ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New steed

GTD, Lupo
Something around that, something about 8.5k I remember aswell.

The car obviously isn't about being the dogs b****cks to him from my POV, it's more having something reliable that doesn't need fixing every week, abit of comfort and touch of style/speed in there.

I have been saying this from day one and still get stupid coments about how its ugly (i have decent spec) so dont see why it should make a difference here. No matter how you put it this is a major fail on the clio purchasing front. Its ugly in the best spec but you have the ugliest by far i have seen yet.

edit = Mind you speedlines could change that!

Gorms

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have been saying this from day one and still get stupid coments about how its ugly (i have decent spec) so dont see why it should make a difference here. No matter how you put it this is a major fail on the clio purchasing front. Its ugly in the best spec but you have the ugliest by far i have seen yet.

Gorms

Aye?? What are you saying/getting at??

GTD, Lupo
Everyone said the 200 is ugly and slates it but its nice to see someone else has got one because they want something that is reliable (to a point) When the 200 came out it was the center of hate and no one understood why anyone would own one, just think it funny to start seeing some of them people starting to come around to the 200 for the very reasons i was deffending my purchase, over a year ago :D

Gorms

120d M Sport
But then you slated his aswell, saying it was a major purchasing fail? Lol.

Who cares about the looks anyway, they're purposeful things and at that deal if you have the means, it'd be rude not to!

GTD, Lupo
But then you slated his aswell, saying it was a major purchasing fail? Lol.

Who cares about the looks anyway, they're purposeful things and at that deal if you have the means, it'd be rude not to!

:lolup:

Where have you been??? Like you say its purposeful and i think they are nice in the right spec. Guess its just nice to be on the other end of the stick.

Paul

120d M Sport
I'm not really into this bashing of the looks. It's over exaggerated anyway, hardly fiat multipla esque is it lol?!

Last edited:
  GTD, Lupo
I'm not really into this bashing of the looks. It's over exaggerated anyway, hardly fiat multipla esque is it lol?!

True and as Brown Bear said you cant polish a turd :D but some speed lines or even the original wheels painted black would draw the eye away from the front end ;)

I think we are going to be seeing a lot more 200 with the lookers deal on.

Paul

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If this is on the 199 a month deal, how are you going to get around the 5 billion miles a year that you do? Do tell, i might be tempted as well ...

;)

Buy it at the end, and sell it! Even if its done 40,000 miles in the two years he has it, it will be worth more than the GFV. Finance company won't care how many miles its done as long as someone pays them the end payment!

Quite like the steering wheel myself!

I'd have picked a few options, but realise why you didn't. 172 sold?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL.

It's a good job that you don't have to look at it when you're inside, I guess.

I know what you mean about the gearknob. Seems a bit rough around the stitching... our 133 has the same one.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol! No wonder it was a cancelled order!

Give me arch gap anyday!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If this is on the 199 a month deal, how are you going to get around the 5 billion miles a year that you do? Do tell, i might be tempted as well ...

;)

Taken a chance tbf. Looking at the way 197 values have held up, as Daniel says it should be worth the gfv(if not more) even with 30-40k miles on.

320d
Seems like a good decision to me. A non cup packed 200 is still going to handle better than a standard 1*2 or 197. Its got all the toys such as cruise, climate etc as well as a good turn of pace and handling.

The wheels are aweful, i'd definately have gone for speedlines. But I didn't buy the car.

Enjoy it mate.

PS 200
$hit spec, $hit car who in their right mind would buy that POS.

P7190199.gif

;):D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
^^^ Warren get used to it & give us a bell;)

Will do fella. Finally got to open it up on decent roads today. Impressed, very impressed. But the 172 is more fun, more alive, and more engaging. But then the 200 is massively more refined, and a nicer everyday car.

I'd still take the 172 for a b-road blast in Wales. I'd just rather be in the 200 on the drive to Wales!!

VaVa
I like it! Nice new car as well, lucky bugger! Enjoy!

As the Mk2's were more refined and nicer day to day than the mk1's, so the evolution has continued with the mk3's. I'm sure they're still a great drive. Would love to try a 200, only been in a 197.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The F1 diffusers will counter the mirrors drag Naith! :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pesky frp in the way. He wasn't being a c**t, just too wide to overtake. I'm sure I saw bin laden peaking out of the arch gap..................
Cutting Warren, cutting.

He's still in hiding from the front end of the 200 iirc.

C-unt/ :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
He's hiding? I caught a reflection on the way to work and heaved.
Looks great from the rear 3/4 though. Park nose in, and walk towards the car at a jaunty angle.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Wrap the front in carboard or something, pretend it's a stone chip bra.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
what im struggling to understand is why buy a brand new car you dont like the looks of for X amount, when you could of just bought a diesel for everyday use that you like the look of.