ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New (smaller) PS3

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Here we go again.. what once looked like a bigger version of a George Foreman grill now shrinks for the second time.. (Hopefully in price too !)

Sony announces new super slim PS3

Smaller, lighter version of the PlayStation 3 console to be available in 12GB and 500GB models

PS3-008.jpg

I think I might actually get one of these as I don't wanna update my original fat from firmware 3.5. Got my new 3d telly so need some 3d gaming in my life.. dunno what actual games are in 3d yet lol (Wipeout ?)

Oh, and I did search so if it's a repost.. sue me..

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Sony need to give up, their reign as the console king has now faltered and they're only option is to profiteer through the sales of special editions.

Jokers...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
A slim line slim line? Hmmm

I stick with my Xbox and old skool beastly PS3 i've had forever thanks.

Octy VRS
If they said £150 it may be more appealing. I'd rather spend the extra when the Wii U comes out.

Evo 5 RS
Oh just f**k off Sony. I'm sorry but who actually uses their PS3 more than once a year any more. On the off chance you might-just-be able to get on PSN. I only found my PS3 because I moved house, and I've already misplaced it.

Oh and don't get one for the 3D, it's horrendous. You couldn't even use surround sound in conjunction with it last time I checked. 24 frames per seconds makes baby Jesus cry.

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Xbox really did take over big time, haven't they.

My 250 Elite is tiny and actually quite nice looking with other Gloss Black bits I have.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Oh just f**k off Sony. I'm sorry but who actually uses their PS3 more than once a year any more. On the off chance you might-just-be able to get on PSN. I only found my PS3 because I moved house, and I've already misplaced it.

Oh and don't get one for the 3D, it's horrendous. You couldn't even use surround sound in conjunction with it last time I checked. 24 frames per seconds makes baby Jesus cry.

Seriously ?

Is the Xbox decent for 3d ? I am in no way loyal to Sony... I will go Xbox if it's better.. quite fancy getting a kinect again anyway..

How much is the cheapest PS3 already?

I don't really understand making this sort of thing thinner/smaller etc. It sits under the tv/next to it. They've not condensed it from the size of a washing machine. Lol.

12GB won't last long though!

Evo 5 RS
Seriously ?

Is the Xbox decent for 3d ? I am in no way loyal to Sony... I will go Xbox if it's better.. quite fancy getting a kinect again anyway..

Not really. Very sketchy support. http://www.3dtested.com/3d-xbox-360-games-list/

The only platform which has anything near fully fledged 3D support at present is the PC with a big list of supported games, and if not, it can be forced a lot of the time quite happily.

But Xbox Live is amazing, there is no comparison to the PSN network.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The only thing that PS3 get's used for is:

- iPlayer and other catch up services (4OD etc)
- Lovefilm Instant
- BlueRays
- Stream media from mac to my TV

As far as gaming is concerned i've not used it for about 3 month, but that's because nothing has come out i really want to play. Will buy GTA5 when it comes out though and play that offline. Never been a big online gamer really.

A slim line slim line is clutching at straws a little bit i think.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
TBH if the xBox had blueray capability i'd sack the PS3 off, but I watch around 3 bluerays p/w.

So switching costs for me wouldn't be worth what i'd be prepared to pay (selling ps3/buying xbox and the games i want/buying a compact blue ray player)..

Listerine & Poledo
I love my PS3.

More so when it worked, of course. But 6 years was a good innings.

Might get a mega-hyper-slim repladement but isn't there going to be an all-new, all-conquering Playstation at some point?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I haven't played any games on my PS3 for 3 years. It gets used a lot but for on demand tv, watching DVDs and Netflix.

Sony need to turn it in now. They need to bow out gracefully while they still can IMO.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a PS3 & Xbox.

Prefer the Xbox overall, just because of the pad really - that would make a big difference if Sony updated it and made it more user friendly.