ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEW RS200 HELP!!

Glacier White RS200
Finally time to get shot of my first ever clio/car, been a joy thru the years but now i need something a little more serious. Got a spare bit of cash lying around and have finally put down a deposit on a brand spanking new rs200 with optional recaros (in leather!) cup chassis and glacier white paint, shame bout the LYello but would defo get stick in the company car park!! Thing is ive been dying to actually order the bloody thing and now i have... ive realised it may not be the best day to day car for the next 2 years! Some one convince me ive done the rite thing :S Will i survive the 2 years of thrashing it about...? I love a good drive but i dont want to spend the next 2 years driving like my life depends on it. 1st September is the deadline peeps

BMW 1 Series
Are you likely to have some sort of mental breakdown due to driving a faster car for 2 years then..?

Its a 200, not a caterham!

Glacier White RS200
Nah mate! Rs is fast but not that fast, alot of reviews and things I've heard through the grape vine are that the rs does have to be ragged 247 and I kno myself the ride is one that is amazing for the track or a quick blast but not when you have to get down a motorway... Dare I say a BMW has come into the mix

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
You will be driving a good looking car with a nice interior that can go quick if you need it to but will be perfectly fine pootling along if you want to do that, i dont see any downsides, expecially when compared to your current car, you will love it!

BMW 1 Series
I wouldn't say that any car has to be ragged 24/7 lol, its horses for courses, if you want a car that looks nice, has nice toys (i.e. your leather recaros), and has a bit of poke for driving to and from work, then I don't see why the 200 wouldnt be a cracking choice!

Its all personal preference and a matter of each persons circumstances mate!

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Comparing a BMW to a Renault Clio is just rediculous.

You need to establish what you want before you go any further. A cheap hot hatch thats made of plastic and rattles and brilliant to drive or a well built executive car?

GTD, Lupo
I don't understand what you mean?

Fuel cost?

Stiff ride?

I have had my cup for 2years now and have covered 26k pretty hassle free, only the odd build quality issue here and there. I pick my second 200 up on the 5th.

Enjoy it, they are great littlish cars!

Glacier White RS200
The bm was just something I've always had a little warmness to however the Clio has always been the car for me! I've convinced a few close friends to invest in the little French fancies. My faith is being restores in to committing to the rs, I shouldn't never have doubted bt there are a few out there that just don't appreciate the amazingness that is the RS200!!

Also FYI I've had the lil 1.2 since I passed my test, I've had other cars in the meantime, but the Clio ha always stayed true! I'm almost sad to see it go, on the plus side it's like going from have an ok girlfriend to have the perfect lady ;) cheers to u all

ROLL ON THE 1ST SEP!!!

Glacier White RS200
Re: the ragging issue, it's just the odd few that have only had them for 6 month that are saying so, I don't actually think they own them either.... There's not many of them in MK, only been up here from London a few months but they are all boy racers and the only rs I've seen belongs to a rather "older" gentleman... So don't know if he's using it as it should be...

And yes new car and new woman will he ragged every now and again ;) lol

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
If i'd just ordered myself a brand new 200 i'd be delighted...

especially going from a 1.2ltr up to a 2.0ltr hot hatch!!

Nissan 350z
If i'd just ordered myself a brand new 200 i'd be delighted...

especially going from a 1.2ltr up to a 2.0ltr hot hatch!!

This! WTF OP, man up or cancel your order if your having doubts.

You dont have to rag anything unless your trying to achieve the lowest MPG record or look like a bellend driving everywhere @ 7k revs? Just because you can "rag it" doesnt mean you have to ;)

Liquid Yellow 200 RS
Do it I ordered mine about month and half ago I cannot actually wait all I have known are 106 and 205 GTis so it's going to be a breath of fresh air ;)
I've got till beginning of October to wait though :(

MCS R56
Comparing a BMW to a Renault Clio is just rediculous.

You need to establish what you want before you go any further. A cheap hot hatch thats made of plastic and rattles and brilliant to drive or a well built executive car?

Depends what BMW you go for. They aren't all exec-mobiles.

I'm sure the Clio will cover all bases but if you're doing lots of motorway miles and are looking for the odd B-road blast, there might be better options. BMW would certainly be one of them. Not sure why you'd need to rag it all the time though?!

Merc
OP if you are a bit concerned on day to day driving why did you pick the cup suspension and Recaros?

Pick a 200 without cup suspension for a more comfortable ride. Can't comment on how comfy/un-comfy the Recaros are but I presume that the standard seats are more comfortable. Also with every big purchase you do in your life you question whether you are doing or have done the right thing. I got that feeling when buying the house and also when buying the car. More so the car because I ordered it without test driving one, and only had seen pics lol.

Glacier White RS200
The ride diff isint that big of a diff between the cup n standard it's more so te handling and the bm in question is a Z4m and no it's not more expensive it's ever so slightly cheaper. I was waiting for the insurance quote from a Gud friend of mine ;)

The recaros are more comfortable when going fast than the standard seats, I know it's weird but it's just one of those things...

I'm not going to be ragging it all te time either, I'm on the motorway once a week. Only the plus side MK is one big racetrack so much fun shall be had ;) all within the local speed limits of course! Which may I add are 60mph so no boring 30 roads