ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New RS advert

182 cup
Just seen it on TV, how good does the RS Twingo look in LY!

Is it a new colour for the T or has it been around for a while? Iv'e never seen one on the road.

Nice to see an on-circuit advert too rather than pictures of a trip computer saying 60 mpg and shots of it braking by itself to avoid a crash (dull focus/volvo/merc adverts!)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Showing your cars on track for an ad seems to be a good way of promoting speed and handling,
without getting into trouble with road safety groups and advertising regulators for condoning
wreckless nobhead driving.

182 cup
The old 200 advert was a mountain road blast in a cup and a std car too. Far prefer the new one though

BMW
No you can't really get the twingo rs in LY...well you can...but i doubt anyone would...

they now offer a service where you buy the car...get it delivered...then pay Renault £5,000 + VAT to ship it off and strip it down and get re-sprayed in LY...then rebuild and returned to you...

...so yes it is possible...but £5K....no thanks.

182 cup
Ha im sure a private company could do it for £4995 + VAT ;)

Not keen on the 250 in LY but the 200 looks the dogs danglies

Nissan 350z
FINALLY A GOOD ADVERT!

Im sick to death with all this stereotypical "Va Va Voom" arty farty adverts. Finally a Renault advert that celebrates the cars for their performance and reviews. Also that Mazda advert thats being shown at the moment is spot on for building brand awareness.

Megane 275 trophy006
love that advert. The 200 and 250 look so similar from the front but I think the Twingo and Clio show LY off best. Prefer the Megane in black or white

172 Cup
Great advert, agree'd that the LY looks amazing on the little 133 & 200 but i prefer the 250 in white as said above! Its nice to see renault doing abit of 'bragging' now when it come to their hot hatches

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
No because it's a factory option for the 200. Read post five, it's explained there.

Clio RS200 Cup
I think it is a great advert with the 200 and 250 being the best lookers, the Twingo just does not do it for me even in Gordini guise...:dapprove:

Focus ST-2
All those bits of footage off the RS advert that is on at the moment is a few years old, if you look at the drivers in the video it's Lucas Di Grassi in the 133 I think, then it's definitely Nelson Piquet Jr in the 200. Funny as they've got the old ING sponsorship on the helmets who went after the Singapore incident.

Clio 172 RS2
That's Ferry Alonso and Nelsinhó Piquet in them RS'! ;)

@K1NGY.: love the Twingo too but that rearend... interior/dash is a nightmare... still feels slow next to a 172. Corners flat though on the Cup chasis.