ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New rear shock absorbers - Sachs or OEM for the 182.

Just thinking of future jobs I would like to get done. Theres one corner I freqeuntly turn left into and the back of the car feels like its skipping, I would guess thats the rear shocks?

Wests renaults price says £45.05 each for OEM, Ebay is £86.90 delivered for the pair, again OEM.

But just as an after thought I checked Euro car parts...

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/R...0f88c73654299816577487c78d3cf480614043&000925

Sachs Is a decent make what with the Trophy shocks being made by them right? same company?

Will the euro C P shocks be fine to use? there only £56.64 for the pair after 20% discount.

I ment the shocks in the link are made by Sachs, I thought It could be the same company who make the Trophy suspension?

I didnt mean the shocks in the link ARE the trophy suspension?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
No i mean just the Sachs damper's that Euro Car Part's sell? Would they be any use with standard springs? Just curios, i dont actually have any intention of buying them! :eek:

Yeah, well I thought seeing as Sachs make the trophy suspension they would be alright! (for front or back) but DannyR says OEM only...

I might be tempted to get a set for the rears and test them out at that price, just out of interest why OEM only? just the done thing?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
All the dampers are different across the range apparently mate, cup packed is different to the Cup, normal 172's are different aswell etc

no harm in trying them (if they actually fit that is!)

SQ5
172 and 172 cup rear dampers are the same.

OEM last longer, some non genuine last less than a service, especially if lowering springs are involved

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
172 and 172 cup rear dampers are the same.
No they're not

OEM last longer, some non genuine last less than a service, especially if lowering springs are involved

bullllllllshit! I've seen genuine last less than 8k. They're only made by KYB, they're nothing particularly special. The sachs ones are OK, but they're equivalent to a normal 172, no cup/cup pack equivalent available

SQ5
No they're not

bullllllllshit! I've seen genuine last less than 8k. They're only made by KYB, they're nothing particularly special. The sachs ones are OK, but they're equivalent to a normal 172, no cup/cup pack equivalent available

This would very much suggest that they there, except the Ph1.

supuha3a.jpg

I'm only going from experience from myself and others on here, I've had a non genuine pair last about 6k and genuine on Apex Springs last 20k

Good tyres on rear, going to pick up an OEM set after I've done the gear box.

Is there a test for new shocks before fitted? I read a while back someone had to swap a new one because the damper Didnt compress back out?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
If you push it down and it doesn't put up a fight its probably fucked. You can;t definitavily (sp?) tell without a dyno test AFAIK