ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New prototype in the cold light of day

Lionel Richie
ah nice, similar to the infamous "S2000" setup (sort of)

i tip my hat

now get your rattle cans out and tidy up that engine bay!

Black 172 PH2
The basic idea is to lift the cars NA performance, whilst retaining all of the standard electronics & functions. Your essentially designing around the cars native language and engine bay space, not cutting into this and throwing away that.

This sounds like a great kit.
Pretty much a bolt on kit plus a remap?

ah nice, similar to the infamous "S2000" setup (sort of)

i tip my hat

now get your rattle cans out and tidy up that engine bay!

Thanks Fred - I don't do pretty - I do function ;)

Good work, but have to agree with Fred on the engine bay! Disgrace!

Google "powdercoaters in Uxbridge".

:)

Tell me about it Pete lol

Is it DBW still?

Yes, so you retain TCS, CC & Speed limiter (does anyone actually use that!?) amongst other systems :)

This sounds like a great kit.
Pretty much a bolt on kit plus a remap?

On the button, no messing about cutting etc - can be fitted or returned to standard easily within a day!

I've just been out shopping for dinner and took the scenic route - the noise this setup makes is quite frankly absurd, not a 'induction kit' boom, more of a raspy intake raw - I'll try and get a vid ;)

M140i
Looks good Tom, now know why the something "special" for the decal lol.

Will be interested to see gains etc. Ill keep my eyes on your section :)

Keep up the good work guys nice to see different ideas.

Black 172 PH2
Yes, so you retain TCS, CC & Speed limiter (does anyone actually use that!?) amongst other systems :)
I can honestly say i have never used it, and whenever you tell people about it they look confused as to why a car would have one lol.

340i
all standard ECU and sensors (perhaps the best thing about this kind of set-up)... I've also been doing some research to do something similar ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I hope this makes the countless 4am finishes, operating on 3hrs sleep and generally abandoning James to run JMS on his own, worthwhile....;)

From the noise it made earlier when you rang me, it definitely sounds like it demands serious attention.
I look forward to seeing this in the flesh after the long gestation......i hope you now have enough energy and patience to cope with the enivitable stream of "what does it make top end y0" and "can i run this on my 1.2??".

Tom. I salute you.:approve:
James. I pity you......for being worked until 4am to get this fitted.;)

Your right there Ollie - there are a lot of guys that need a mention for helping make this a reality but James rises above all. He is the definition of hard work, keeping everything ship shape and running while I'm off developing ideas :approve:

all standard ECU and sensors (perhaps the best thing about this kind of set-up)

Its certainly a key strength, massively reduces kit cost, fitting cost & general suitability for the car.

I still maintain that the standard ECU can do the job - but importantly you have to design products to work with it - not just abandon it from the word go, however I am not a ECU calibration engineer - so what do I know ;)

CLIO PH1 172
this sounds v.interesting cant wait to see what happens in the future looks like this kind of thing has potential with you still able to use allot of standard parts like you say above !

RenaultSport 172
Looks sexy!!!

Was considering ITB's in the near future, but will keep my eye's on this first. :star:

Hi Jon, how you doing?

The trumpets are pretty sexy as they are also made from carbon - but unfortunately you can't see them as they are inside the plenum, they are bonded into a structural backing plate, that is then bolted onto the base manifold. There are no internal exit bolts for obvious reasons ;)

Hi Jon, how you doing?

The trumpets are pretty sexy as they are also made from carbon - but unfortunately you can't see them as they are inside the plenum, they are bonded into a structural backing plate, that is then bolted onto the base manifold. There are no internal exit bolts for obvious reasons ;)

Not too bad thanks. Looks very nice, well done!

An induction kit that took many late nights, early mornings, blood, sweat and tears?

lol if there were tears :eek:

There were nearly tears at 3.00am yesterday when we fitted it all, and then could not access one of the lower bolts to tighten it without taking it all off again - you live and learn!

S4 Avant
There were nearly tears at 3.00am yesterday when we fitted it all, and then could not access one of the lower bolts to tighten it without taking it all off again - you live and learn!

Niiiice!

Can just imagine the language used that night

Black 172 PH2

So you guys kept my car company last night ;)
I felt guilty for leaving it alone lol