ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New phone required - Recommendations please

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
OK, forget the iPhone and Blackberry, they do not interest me at all.

So, the choices are as follows:-

HTC Desire
Sony Erricson Xperia X10
Samsung Galaxy

Now, I dont want to check my email, sort my accounts, or any other uber geeky s**t. I basically want an easy to use phone, with a decent screen, that I can surf the net on, take decent pics with, and that the battery lasts more that 3 hours.

I currently have a Samsung Pixon, which isnt bad, but its 2 years old now.

The camera on the pixon is good at 8meg, but I know the desire is only 5meg. Not a major issue, but a slightly limiting factor.

Would also like to have an appf for being able to set my Sky+ from it.

So............. who thinks what??

I would go either Galaxy S right now as its a newer phone than the current Desire, bigger and better screen and also slightly more user friendly (imo) but you have to get over it looking like a Chinese iPhone knock off.

If you don't mind waiting until October-ish then the Desire "HD" is apparently en-route around that time. Expected to be better camera (8MP 720p recording), 4.3" screen and possibly made from aluminium but still very much a "rumoured handset". Ill ask the HTC rep we have about it as he seems pretty happy to tell us confidential stuff :D

The biggest issue is the battery life on all of the above. Your gonna get a day out of it, maximum. My Desire and Galaxy S last to around 8 - 9pm at night when used for mainly web browsing and texting. Other options if battery life is a pretty big issue is the HTC Wildfire but the screen is rather bad and still a 5MP camera. Android really likes to chew through batteries unfortunately :( Also if you do go into a shop to do it and they try and show you the Samsung Wave as an option then flatly refuse to even look at it. We have sold 7 so far of which 6 of them have come back with software problems as do all our demo handsets.

Fiesta ST3
Samsung Galaxy S - just dont set up the email on it :)

lovely big screen to surf the net, very fast too.

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
get a nokia e72 or a samsung galaxy, both awesome phones (and yes ive worked in mobile phone retail for 4 years now) :)

Bus w**ker
OK, forget the iPhone and Blackberry, they do not interest me at all.
More like you are too cheap and too retarded to use one, so instead will buy something else that pretends to do everything these smartphones do. It won't and you'll then spend the next 18 months complaining to me via text/email/carrier pigeon and every other poor c**t on your Facebook about it.

So, the choices are as follows:-

HTC Desire
Sony Erricson Xperia X10
Samsung Galaxy

Now, I dont want to check my email, sort my accounts, or any other uber geeky s**t. I basically want an easy to use phone, with a decent screen, that I can surf the net on, take decent pics with, and that the battery lasts more that 3 hours.
Sooo you want a smartphone but don't want to do anything smart on it.

I currently have a Samsung Pixon, which isnt bad
FLOL

The camera on the pixon is good at 8meg, but I know the desire is only 5meg. Not a major issue, but a slightly limiting factor.

So............. who thinks what??
I don't know what an appf is, but smartphones have apps to do s**t like that ;at least BBs and iPs do (see where I'm going here). Anyway you could always just use the text record thing.

Anyway, like I've already said six times: iP4 or BB9700 (or if you can wait, which you can't, the 9800 that I'm holding out for) are the best phones to meet your needs, if not them then a HTC Desire.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Android certainly does, its called Record It.

Anyway, like I've already said six times: iP4 or BB9700 (or if you can wait, which you can't, the 9800 that I'm holding out for) are the best phones to meet your needs, if not them then a HTC Desire.
BlackberryOS is incredibley rubbish compared to Android

The HTC Desire is what you want, unless you want to wait until Q4 for the Android 3.0 phones to come out

Bus w**ker
BlackberryOS is incredibley rubbish compared to Android
OS5 (and upcoming 6) is a massive improvement over 4.X...but it doesn't compare to Android or iOS4 TBH. Sadly RIM always seem to be playing catch up with the other mobile OS devs. Webkit browser will be a blessing though when OS6 rolls.

I'd still have a BB over an iP4 (now with free bummer or something) and either over any Android phone. Anything could have come out by the time the BB9800 appears in the UK, so I may have changed my mind by then.