ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New phone, decisions decisions

SLK 350
Well I'm going to have to forcibly retire my 3G shortly, I had dead pixels, a split back and a painfully slow JB experience.

I'd planned 6 months ago to jump on the iP4 bandwagon, probably just as a logical progression but I find myself more and more disillusioned with Apple's nanny stance on its platform, and it's increasing superiority complex.

Right now I'm waiting on a Desire HD (Dabs £450 sim free), but I've just started taking casual glances back to the Galaxy S which is just starting to get its Froyo update. I've used the Galaxy S and quite liked it, much better built than some would have you believe.

I'll be keeping my current SIM only deal, so I'm just looking for my next handset. Anybody know any good deals?

Mini Cooper S sport
I want a Desire HD! The Desire is a brilliant phone and the HD version sounds like the mutts' nuts.

I'm seriously tempted to ebay my Desire and buy the HD one sim free.

Wouldn't bother with the Galaxy S.

the desire HD comes with froyo also (2.2)
I personally would wait for the desire HD, because the bits HTC add to the android OS are normally quite good, unlike samsung, motorola etc make android worse by trying to add their own touches.
Ive had two HTC android phones the G1 and G2 and they were both fine, I now have the motorola milestone running android and I think motorola have make the OS experience worse.

plus the new desire HD and Z come with the new HTCSense.com which looks really good

http://www.htc.com/www/product/desirehd/htcsense.html

Mk2 Golf GTI
Torch is shite. Slow, clunky and keyboard is awkward.

I'm waiting for the HD. I think the galaxy S feels light and cheap.

SLK 350
Agreed, we have a Torch at work for testing, it's pap. I just can't like BB devices, probably because I see so many broken ones! One thing I do rate about the Torch is the build quality is nice, but it's rather heavy!

Really annoyed the HD got delayed, hopefully see the first ones in a week or so. Dabs/BT Shop seem cheapest for sim-free @ £450. May be cheaper for me to get it on a 24mth, but would prefer to stick with my current contract due to moving
abroad soon.

The Galaxy S does feel light, but it doesn't feel overly cheap IMO, just less premium than an iP4, which I cba buying for £600.

I also considered the N8, looks a great device, great camera in particular, but why Nokia keep rolling out Symbian instead of embracing Android, well it's silly. Nokia have always made nice HW, but their SW has always been plagued by bugs and instability. If the N8 was compatible with their forthcoming MeeGo OS then I'd consider it seriously.

If the Desire HD is better than the Desire, it will easily be the best phone on the market. I'd hold out for that and wait for reviews etc.

182 Turbo Project
I love my Torch, I think it all depends where it was made, as there has been quite a few bad ones, with wobbley screens etc, but mine is a solid one. Great phone, but I'm used to BlackBerry. If you want to be an 'individual' get the iPhone. You will really impress your mates...

SLK 350
Stumbled through Richmond today and notice P4U had a sign saying they had the Desire HD in stock (try had 3 in today), and that there was 1 left...

Couldn't help myself, £37.50 on Voda with 800 mins, ultd SMS, 750mb data, international bolt-on free, then he threw in an accessory pack (£50 worth) chargers/cleaners/sock/cables/holder/protectors, some prepay Mastercard that he put £20 on, a 3 3G dongle with 1GB on it... Happy with that!

Now, to charge or turn on :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43847363@N05/5086459161

Mk2 Golf GTI
fackin hell wasn't supposed to be out til the 22nd!

Give us a good review on it when you get chance. What's the size/weight like compared to an iphone? I realise it's bigger and heavier but ridiculously so or still good proportions?