ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Ph1 owner from Derby

Hi all,

Thought I should probably introduce myself before I posted anywhere.

I'm Jon, originally a loyal VAG owner, then had a BMW for a short while, then last month I took a punt on Ebay and got myself a completely standard Phase 1 172 in Flame red. Told myself I'd keep it a standard sensible car for driving back and forth to work in; well, that lasted all of about 2 weeks!

Fitted a set of Coilovers last week, also had alignment and a new set of Yoko Advans.

I'll stick a build thread up once I've had time to go take some proper photos.

Until then, here's a crappy phone photo. (Unsure why the rear quarter seems a different shade to the door; it's not!)

33ml8uo.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Hai and welcome to CS.

Don't forget to join the Midlands group.

Cheers for the welcome guys!

It's not in too bad nick, wants a wheel refurb and a little bit of time in the body shop to get it back to it's former glory, but shall wait till Summer for those.

340i
Welcome! Lovely colour for a PH-1.

I don't suppose you live on Burton Road? That photo looks familiar...

The wheels will definitely be staying silver so don't worry.

Yup I live on Burton road! Are there many members from around here?

172 cup
Shilling, your a bad influence on me, your the reason i'm on here haha. I recognise that picture outside the lad pad.
When we doing a trackday then.

Haha yes Connor! That's two people I've influenced into getting them in a short space of time.

They're AP coilovers, would recommend them for daily road use as they're not too stiff. If you're looking for a more track orientated setup I'd look at something else (there's loads of info on this forum on coilover choice!)