ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Nexus, nexuses, nexi? Whatever...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Thought it might be a bit nicer than this.

cc1a27ddcf19a946d81b6ce1979e2a92_1349949832.jpg

1bf2f959a96fa2fa8846b31409dbe959_1349949799.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/11/3487698/lg-nexus-phone-photos-leak

Fingers crossed this isn't a Nexus device.

Octy VRS
Odd that LG would be making it when Samsung are making the 10" tablet and the previous phones. Guess it all comes down to cost. I wonder who will make the rumoured $99 tablet.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
HTC are rumoured to be doing one too as are Asus.

That LG returns to the "with Google" like the old Motorola Milestone.

I suspect (correctly in my opinion) that google want more control of OS releases, Nexus devices are the obvious way to ensure this happens.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Odd that LG would be making it when Samsung are making the 10" tablet and the previous phones. Guess it all comes down to cost. I wonder who will make the rumoured $99 tablet.

I read something the other day suggesting the major Android manufacturers (HTC, Samsung, SE etc) may all have a Nexus device available, rather than one at a time. If it's true it's going to dilute the whole point of having a fully Google backed device for each software version, as there will just be 5 or 6 slightly different looking cases with identical function, so I hope it doesn't happen

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
HTC are rumoured to be doing one too as are Asus.

That LG returns to the "with Google" like the old Motorola Milestone.

I suspect (correctly in my opinion) that google want more control of OS releases, Nexus devices are the obvious way to ensure this happens.

also hints quite strongly at the likelyhood of Android and Chrome OS's being unified sooner rather than later

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

And you'd be right.

Clearly google have had a problem since day one when every phone manufacturer "bastardised" android and created fragmentation hell.

Clearly between the first release and jellybean they've had bigger fish to fry, i.e making stock Android a worthy competitor to iOS.

Now that they're pretty much there with Jellybean, it makes sense for them to push the virtues of stock as much as possible, hence (the 99.9% true rumour of) multiple nexus devices from multiple vendors.

If the manufacturers had their heads screwed on properly, they'd only use their own hacked up android on cheap feature phones and use stock android on high end phones.