ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member, shopping for a 200

Mk1 Berlingo
Clio people, hello!
Ive just joined the forum as I've set my heart on a 200 and I'm sure at some point I'm going to need some advice, I've been looking at a few today but I'm picky so come home carless :(

Cheers

Godzilla

Mk1 Berlingo
Probably non Cup, in grey sliver red or white, but to be honest as long as it was a lovely sub 25k car and not black id be happy, in an ideal world a Storm grey one.
I could also see myself in a Raider.

Clio 200 Cup
I've got a 200 cup, glacier white with the black speedline alloys (as opposed to the anthracite ones).

You'll love it. I know I'm biased but I'd recommend you try one with the cup suspension before discounting them. Yes, the ride is firm but it is never harsh or crashy. Supple would be the best way of putting it. Although I do avoid potholes and drain covers.

When you test drive them, you might find that the engine is bit lumpy when cold but this is normal. Just be gentle for 5 mins until it is warmed up. When it is, make sure that you find some open road to rev it in 3rd gear past 5000. It shou

Some gearboxes were replaced under warranty from new. I was told to check that 2nd and 4th gears enagage properly.

Look at this pistonheads buying guide http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=30724

and this one from evo magazine http://www.evo.co.uk/buying/buyingguide/287602/renaultsport_clio_197200_checkpoints.html

http://www.evo.co.uk/buying/buyingguide/287599/renaultsport_clio_197200.html

Mk1 Berlingo
Im not discounting them totally, condition over spec is paramount as I'm looking for a car the cherish, the reason for non Cup is we intend to do some Euro road trips and Climate Cruise and softer ride will be a bonus on the way to France and Italy, i can also take or leave Recaro's as the don't look so comfy for sleeping in on long trips.

Last edited:
  LY FF 200 CUP
Cup suspension is great don't get me wrong, where I live it's a nightmare roads are full of as mentioned above potholes and drains but when it's on B roads it's beautiful long travels it isn't to bad to be honest, and no sleeping on recaros would be a no IMO. I was going to get a raider but it was £16,000 and I can't justify why they should be that much extra rare yea I know but not another 5000 over what I got my 200 for. Storm grey is also lovely.

Mk1 Berlingo
BOOM! Just dropped a deposit on a White 200, Cup & anthracite pack, USB and a red & Green telephone on the stalk whatever that is, Fsh but the seat belts want a clean.

RB 200
Honestly, keep the Recaros. They're more comfy than the standard seats, I swapped to some Recaros because the standard ones are like sitting on a bouncy castle when it gets bumpy. Enjoy the car!

Mk1 Berlingo
Well the car is mine, chuffed to bits, it even has a little spoiler i didn't notice and on closer inspection it was serviced by Renault 600 miles ago plus its mot'd until next oct!
Im a paid up member of the forum now too.