ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member looking to buy a phase2 Clio sport 172/182... Performance Ideas ???

Hello everyone, I am new to this never been on any website like this so sorry if I am abit slow. I am getting a bit of money and wanted to start a project and I love little French cars my dad has the Clio 182 and from experience I know they are very nippy so I am looking to get either a 172/182 depending on car price. I want to know what kind of stuff to do I have ideas and open to new ones right now I want sound system, take out back seats and fit roll cage and bucket seats and tune the engine and handling. I am not good with product names you can say turbo or suspension but I would like to know the best one.

some things I would like to know.. 1) I keep seeing a hole in the side of engine bay from bodywork someone said some sort of filter I want to know what it is how to get it etc... 2) I want to lower the car but not so much that I have to slow down to 5mph to get over bump so what kind of mm am I looking at and what suspension is best...3) and I want decent set of lightweight wheels that will look good has to be n black and can go on some decent tyres that will keep me on the road ideas??

like I said open to ideas I have lots more like ITB's, Turbo, pistons and things like that I just would like to know your thoughts on it and if you can can you give me a price on each thing or if possible link to see it for myself please thank you

Good luck in your hunt. I'd recommend a search on here as a lot of what you have said is covered. However all of the mods listed above will depend on your budget.

I.E -£100 springs or £1200 coilovers. Track tyres or road tyres.... etc.

Other thing you can do is come along to local meets and see what other people have, ask questions, and decide before you buy.

thank you, I know it probably all on here but I have a budget of 15kmax, just wanted to know if i have that much what i could do with it, i want the best for a cruising e.g speakers bass system and performance and handling. just looking for some ideas and i don't know what to do, i am not good with names like people told me to get CDA,BCM i have no clue what that is :s so i wanted names and prices so if anyone has anything please reply thank you

i thought about it but the turning circle is crazy and i want to take out the back seats and put roll cage and a bass system in it and the v6 has the engine in the back. i dont want a track car i want a cruising show car that can go like lightning well as close as i can

Lotus Elise
Filters and exhaust will give you minimal gains, ITBs talk to Matt at TDF, 'charging talk to RS Tuning in Leeds.

Lotus Elise
There is a sticky thread at the top of this section, read it. Its all you need to know about turbo charging a clio. :)

thank you mate didn't see that there i read some were you cant have a de-cat exhaust because its illegal it that true if so what kind of exhaust could i get to have the same amount of power but full cat system. also what would i need to do to the engine to make it brand new what stuff do i replace because many clios now have alot of miles on the clock and i dont really want to replace the engine would rather replace the parts inside the engine so it works as if it was new ..

If I was planning on spending this much money on a Clio (which tbf would be the bottom of my shopping list if you can afford a turbo kit from KTEC) I would be reading up and researching every single little detail of everything I could possibly need to know!! Start in the guides/mods/engine section and go from there.

EDIT: Assuming you haven't purchased.... Something to get you started:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?250166-How-do-I-become-a-Cliosport-Club-member

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?276833-172-182-buyers-guide

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?102955-***Tyre-Poll***

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?308850-Different-Suspension-Setups-on-All-Models

Last edited:
thats what i was going to do but if i could post something on here and get ideas from people all in one thread like i said i don't want a track car or anything like that i just want a fast nice looking and sounding car to cruise in and to be able to kill any boy racer that lives near me as they show off alot with their turbo's and ITB's i have a racing license so handling it will not be a problem as i have raced my friends dad's r8 round a track so and my dad has a 182 and i know how rapid it can be so i realy want to get one and make it into a nice car i can show off and take it to shows

thats what i was going to do but if i could post something on here and get ideas from people all in one thread like i said i don't want a track car or anything like that i just want a fast nice looking and sounding car to cruise in and to be able to kill any boy racer that lives near me as they show off alot with their turbo's and ITB's i have a racing license so handling it will not be a problem as i have raced my friends dad's r8 round a track so and my dad has a 182 and i know how rapid it can be so i realy want to get one and make it into a nice car i can show off and take it to shows

I'm out.

176529-stewie_gun_mouth_super.jpg

i did the ARDS thing at Silverstone and i hate boy racers i have atm a saxo 1.4 westcoast and its not bad its rapid but i need something to kill the racers round my way on the corners i can loose them but straights their turbo and ITB's and whatever else they have just kills me :(