ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member from Staffordshire

Mazda Mx5 Mk2.5
Thought I'd finally post something on here, I've been signed up but not really used it to reply to threads, just perv over nice 172/182s and troubleshoot the s**t out of my car.

Bought this at the beginning of the month, finally moved away from the work car (vw up, never buy one) and sold the Renault 5 weekend toy for this car.

My car specs:
182ffc
Minus ktec exhaust and Brembo hc/mintex brake setup, it's all standard... For now.
Plan to be a everyday road and occasional track car.
Things that bug me:
wonky exhaust
Rough idle(rs thing)
Shocks are gone near enough and it wonders over bumps like it's not connected. Gaz coilys soon.
No aircon but all the aircon crap is still on the engine adding unessercary weight!

IMG_20160806_200006.jpg

Mazda Mx5 Mk2.5
Haha noted!
Burton on Trent...... Unfortunately.

Just been under the car and seen the state of my exhaust mount bushes. My goodness.

Megane r26
You'll see my mate @not normal dan about in his R26 and 172 Cup, he's not far from Swad and I'm over in Cannock. You should check out Curborough if you haven't already!

Yep as Steve said I'm from Burton, had around 6 sports ranging for 172's to trophies and 197's and got a 172 cup daily now to run along side my R26 track car [emoji106]

I do work on local members cars from time to time.

If you after coilovers for what you want I'd go for bilstein of the Gaz's I speak from experience too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mazda Mx5 Mk2.5
Dan, your not by any chance the chap who is breaking the clio and e36 by the college in swad?
Drove past it daily en route to work, didnt really think about it haha.

Is Curborough the little track at fradley business park?

Any local meets about? it'll be good to get it out once ive started tinkering more!
I was originally looking at the k-tec specials, but they have no adjustability minus height, what sort of price are the Bilsteins?

Megane r26
Dan, your not by any chance the chap who is breaking the clio and e36 by the college in swad?
Drove past it daily en route to work, didnt really think about it haha.

Is Curborough the little track at fradley business park?

Any local meets about? it'll be good to get it out once ive started tinkering more!
I was originally looking at the k-tec specials, but they have no adjustability minus height, what sort of price are the Bilsteins?

No mate, I live in Gresley not too far from there though.

Yeah Curborough is the little sprint track, nice little community of car enthusiasts and good range of cars there.

As for meets mate I don't really do that thing now days, tracks and motorsport for me and the odd drive out really.

You can get the bilsteins off a German site for around 550, far superior to the Gaz and they run an upside down damper too.

There not adjustable but there a good compromise between road and track and bilstein test at the ring, are TUV approved and manufactures use bilstein too so just shows the level of quality!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk