ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member from Bedford

Dynamoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RS, Avantime
Hello all,

I acquired this critter just before Christmas, was YY60 FKZ but now CL10 XYZ. Before this I had a Twingo RS Gordini (it took some people a while to cotton on that I had a different car!), I also have a Renault Avantime and previously a Smart Roadster Brabus Coupe. Oh and a Citroen AX. I don't like French cars. I live near Bedford, wherever that is.

It has needed a bit of work, first the heated rear windscreen needed replacing, there was some godawful CD jammed in the drive, the aircon doesn't seem to work and today the clutch hydraulics died. But that's why I bought it with a warranty..

clio-gordini-ii.jpg

Clio Gordini 1.5dci
Hi
I work in Bedford and have a 1.5dci Gordini in white so will keep an eye out for you driving round!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I’m also in Bedford so will keep an eye out, having said that I’ve probably already seen you as I see an Avantime occasionally and there can surely only be 1 in Bedford!

Dynamoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RS, Avantime
I’m also in Bedford so will keep an eye out, having said that I’ve probably already seen you as I see an Avantime occasionally and there can surely only be 1 in Bedford!

Mine is a purple colour, there's also a red one. Used to be a couple of blue ones in the town too, but I haven't seen those in a while. I don't drive it too much, it's even thirstier than the Clio..

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Mine is a purple colour, there's also a red one. Used to be a couple of blue ones in the town too, but I haven't seen those in a while. I don't drive it too much, it's even thirstier than the Clio..
Well that’s my theory out of the window, i think the one I was thinking about was blue so must be one of the others, can’t believe there were that many!
Edit: having a 200 myself and knowing how thirsty it is, I don’t blame you for not using the avantime much!

Clio Gordini 1.5dci
There’s a bluey-green Avantime that lives Higham Ferrers/Rushden way that’s occasionally out and about in the local area. Think it’s often trumped as a mode of transport by the owners Other Renault options though for same reason as already stated!

Dynamoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio RS, Avantime
There’s a bluey-green Avantime that lives Higham Ferrers/Rushden way that’s occasionally out and about in the local area. Think it’s often trumped as a mode of transport by the owners Other Renault options though for same reason as already stated!
Although it really does belong in a museum, it's a lovely thing to drive on long journeys. The 3L V6 always seems to have plenty of torque (and 200HP) and the car isn't as heavy as it looks, although its ability to go fast is not matched by a similar ability to go round corners or stop.

benle

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182 & avantime
I'm from Rushden. Like you say the fuel economy isn't the best.
DSC_0244_1.JPG

benle

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182 & avantime
Yeah that's me, take it you had the blue 200 at the traffic lights.