ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New flat with BT sockets?!

tiTTy & SV650
Just bought a new build flat and it has BT sockets in it but I'm not yet sure if there's a dialing tone, test that tonight.

Is the BT connection charge of £124.99 applicable even if there's already sockets in there?

Anyone got experience of avoiding the connection charge? through Talk talk, plus net, sky for example?

I'm sure if there's sockets already then the connection fee won't be as much as £125.

When we had it put into the student flat it was £125 but that was including a couple of sockets.

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
it's £125 even if the sockets are there. I got done on this a couple of years ago. make sure that you get a dialling tone on all the sockets once they've done it.

VW ....
from what i've been led to believe,first time buyers/connections pay the big fee,afterwards it's cheaper,let's face it all the work has been done! robbing barstewards.

tiTTy & SV650
cheers folks, bit of a pain in the scrote.

Plus net may be a shout as they charge £105 to get you a bt line connected then £9.99 a month which is slightly less than BT.

tiTTy & SV650
£125 connection charge is then followed by 12 month minimum term, if you request half price conection then you get an 18 month minimum term.

Anyone for monopoly?

Abarth Grande Punto
sockets or no sockets you have to pay them to basically switch the line on, its daylight robbery i had to pay the same when i moved into my new flat!!

Not a Clio
£124.99 is based on a 6 month line rental contract. If you agree to a 12 month line rental contract they will reduce it to £62.50. They're not very forthcoming with that info when you phone them though.

clio 182 + cup packs
all the sockets are pre wired to a central connection point some were in the building the just connect you there the activate the line and number then bum you the price too dont think virgin will do you a line unless your outside wall is onto the street

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I had to do the same when I bought mine £125 for connection, even though there were BT sockets.

I thought it was a bit of a joke really, as all they did was fit a new socket and flipped a switch.

It was because to previous owners used cable.

I only had it so I could have sky, don't even use the home phone but the Mrs does.

1.2 16v Dynamique
When I moved into my last flat we had a BT socklet on the wall complete with dialing tone, but the robbing barstweards at BT still wanted £125 to "connect us", told them to go do one and went with NTL as we got the TV and broadband too....