ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Exhaust - Standard or Stainless?

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Need a new exhaust on my Cup
Is it worth shelling out for a stainless system (yozza etc..) or just go for a decent quality replacement standard exhaust?

Cheers
Ash

Megane 225 F1
Deffo worth the extra for a stainless as it is less likely to break and if it does, it will be under lifetime warranty.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
There is no such thing as a decent quality standard replacement.

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I want it too look standard (stealth) and be quiet and not boomy on the motorway runs.
Wouldnt mind a bit of a roar when giving it some beans but other than that id want it as quiet as possible!

Yozza's are about £400 aren't they?
Who makes good custom exhausts? MIJ? Powerflow?

Megane 225 F1
Well someone I know just got quoted £350 all in for a stealth and de-cat. So will be less if you keep your standard cat. Well worth it. I had one on my 1.4 and it was brilliant.

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Cheers Will.

Fancy a Yozza but im thinking its a tad too pricey, especially on a car i use once a week (if that!)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Pro-speed in Cardiff. Charlie's work is top notch.

How much would that cost bud?

Well someone I know just got quoted £350 all in for a stealth and de-cat. So will be less if you keep your standard cat. Well worth it. I had one on my 1.4 and it was brilliant.

My old Cup had a similar issue (known with 172 and 182 exhausts! Charlie @ Pro-speed did me a stealth mid-sport note cat back exhaust for £330, it has gone up by now as I had mine done a couple of years ago. You won't regret it, it ticks over nicely, sounds nice when using it steadily and when you give it beans....:approve: :evil: :race:

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Where do people buy Yozzasport exhausts from?

I have PM'd and emailed Fred last week but had no reply.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Where do people buy Yozzasport exhausts from?

I have PM'd and emailed Fred last week but had no reply.

You need to ring him, not PM him.

I've been waiting a good few months for some new systems to be made as mine is shot to s**t.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Thanks Donny, do you go to the Midlands Breakfast Club meets?

Yeah mate. The next one is on Sunday 19th September (Same day as Renault World Series, so might not be attending that one).

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I'd suggest getting a BTB-they supply the likes of Prodrive etc and beleive they've done the systems for the palmer corporate fleet. Some of the exotica they've worked on are unreal.

Main website:

http://www.btbexhausts.co.uk/

Link to the 172 stealth:

http://homepage.mac.com/mattsearle/stealth/

Certainly very happy with mine-imo is a work of art. Isn't a lazy or half arsed copy of the standard system, neither is it a mimic of another s/s system on the market. Is a bespoke design from the ground up for the 172 with the aim of getting it as quiet as possible without being at the expense of power/torque. Nice and quiet low down and sounds awesome 4k+, equally pleased with the performance. :approve:

The additional mount on the rear box to support the extra weight of a stainless versus the lighter OEM setup is a nice touch too (The JP Exhasusts/Yozza stealth deosnt have this :dapprove:), as is the price-£349 for a BTB versus £374.99 for the JP/Yozza.

Would certainly recommend the BTB-likely to be also be going for their mod to fit the fewer celled 182 cat, rewelding it to give larger, less restrictive inlets/outlets with 172 fitments that don't need faffing around swapping out every time it goes for an MOT. :cool:

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Thanks, the BTB looks nice, will the welds rust? If you look at the pic below, it looks like the welds on the backbox bracket and tailpipe look a bit orange/rusty already?

I may be totally wrong as i know very little about welding!

backbox1.jpg

Sprint 172
Thanks, the BTB looks nice, will the welds rust? If you look at the pic below, it looks like the welds on the backbox bracket and tailpipe look a bit orange/rusty already?

I may be totally wrong as i know very little about welding!

backbox1.jpg

That's not rust mate - proper TIG welding.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
BTB are very good, i had one on my 182 and the fit was awesome! Sounded well too, non of this cack ktec rubbish