ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New door (key situation)

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
hey all, as well as my 172 i have a ph1 306 3dr. Currently, i lock/unlock by me physically putting the key in the door (central locking works when i do this). The door is abit damaged and ive found another one one the bay. I don't want to go through the hassle of changing the locks etc... so if i keep the key that works from the new door, will that still work with the central locking? I know i'll have 2 keys then but i dont mind :)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
No it wont work due to the Coding on the key not registering with the Ecu,

What you could do is, use the key to the new door to open the car via lock, then use other key to start the car, and unlock the car yourself whilst in.

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
No it wont work due to the Coding on the key not registering with the Ecu,

What you could do is, use the key to the new door to open the car via lock, then use other key to start the car, and unlock the car yourself whilst in.

thanks for reply, yeah was going to use the other key to start it. So are you saying that the central locking will not lock/unlock car when i put the key in the door? If so how does the ECU know im trying to unlock the car with a different key? or are you just referring to starting it?