ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio DCi Billabong owner. Advice needed.

Clio 182
Hi,
I just recently bought a Clio DCi Billabong 65 and unfortunately it did not come with a manual so if any could answer some of my questions that would be much appreciated? Thanks.:D

1) What psi is meant to go in the 185/55 R15 tyres?
2) When I arm the alarm, with window down then open the door the alarm does not go off. All I get is a constant high pitch beep? Anyone know if this is faulty or am I not arming correctly?
3) What psi is the turbo?
4) On the logbook it says DCi Billabong Dynamique 65 but when I put the registration in confused.com it comes back to a DCi 80. I did a full status check and the vehicle is clean. Anyone know why this is happening?
5) Does anyone know how much a Clio Manual is?
6) The rubber on the back of the headlight is missing on one of the headlights. Can these be bought seperate from the headlight unit?

Thanks in advance for any response,
Mark.

Last edited:
  Chocolate Bar™
bloody hell they're taxing questions lol! Best bet is to pm edde for most of them, hes the DCi 65 guru.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
alarm needs time to set about 1 min. not sure if it will be on yours when you open the drivers door on the b pillar may be a sticker with the bhp on there if not go to renault and get a ICM check (all the details of the car) should be free.

1) What psi is meant to go in the 185/55 R15 tyres?
2) When I arm the alarm, with window down then open the door the alarm does not go off. All I get is a constant high pitch beep? Anyone know if this is faulty or am I not arming correctly?
3) What psi is the turbo?
4) On the logbook it says DCi Billabong Dynamique 65 but when I put the registration in confused.com it comes back to a DCi 80. I did a full status check and the vehicle is clean. Anyone know why this is happening?
5) Does anyone know how much a Clio Manual is?
6) The rubber on the back of the headlight is missing on one of the headlights. Can these be bought seperate from the headlight unit?

Pressure depend what you like I'd run about 32 front and 30 at the back.

The dci 65 as standard never got an alarm it was a £300 extra. The way to tell is do you have the sensor on the door pillars and a flashing red light down by the gearstick? If you do then you have the alarm.

1.1 bar turbo but since there no intercooler on the 65 model there a ton of heat to deal with you can tell do a high acceleration to 60mph and then the acceleration is quite slow. But curise at 70 for a bit and put your foot down its better as the intake temps are a bit lower.

No idea on a manual for sure £10 or so I'd think you want part number 82 00 238 591

Renault arn't that good at inputting data there loads of wrongly registerd cars mines a billabong when its a Dynamic.

To check if you have a dci80 easy way to check is to see if you have an intercooler if you do its an 80 or a modified 65. The other way is to check either the dataplate on the drivers door or on the passenger side windscreen low down.

If its a DCI 65 it will be either CB07 if its a 3 door or BB07 if its a 5 door
If its a DCI 80 it will be either CB08 if its a 3 door or BB08 if its a 5 door

Yep those bungs are seperate parts just stick some duct tape over instead.

185lb/ft dCi
1.1 bar turbo but since there no intercooler on the 65 model there a ton of heat to deal with you can tell do a high acceleration to 60mph and then the acceleration is quite slow. But curise at 70 for a bit and put your foot down its better as the intake temps are a bit lower.

I noticed that, edde any suggestions for an intercooler for the 65 beast.

fair play. Mucho respect for the Clio inform your a real fountain of knowledge.
Another word is geek.

I noticed that, edde any suggestions for an intercooler for the 65 beast.

The dci 100 is the best and easy fitment as such since the mounts are all there but an intercooler no use unless you start running more fuel. You need to decide how far to push the car or how much to spend a remap on there own can get upto 85hp quite safly they have been custom mapped to 95hp but thats to much for the injection window IMO. Stick an interrcoller on there and figures go to 95 and 110hp respectfully. You'd have to find a place who would map for dci 65 injectors and an intercooler superchip might do it PMurry on here might also be willing most places who do this and are expects are in Portugal since the cars are more tunned and common over there that 172 since the 172 etc are so much more money.

The only difference between the 65 and 80 model is the ECU mapping the injectros are about 20% more flowing and an intecooler (the 100dci one is better). Also the turbo has 0.1 bar more boost and whilst has a different part number its just becase its got a wastgate which works at 0.1 bar moore boost from all I've found. Also the 80 used the stronger jc5 box rarther than the JC3.

ANy intercooler could be made to work with the car a FMIC one is best but unless you want to spend a lot I'd not bother I'd use a DC106 engine and box first personally before spending a fortne on the 65/80 engine if you want to keep the 1.5 engine size. Otherwise get a bigger tunning engine the VAG 1.9 engine ideal the old one or the new one the old one easier as the parts are easier and cheaper to get plus all proven.

185lb/ft dCi
God damn I need to try and understand everything you say lol, honestly how did you come to know everything about the clio? I reckon your part of the clio design team or something.

The diesel 65 is still a beast though, I would love to take on all the 172 and 182 boys.

Diesel Power!!!!

Chocolate Bar™
^ go and watch edde at a track day, you wont believe your eyes, he can out drive the best of em in his little diesel. He'd be vicious in a fast car ;)

The diesel 65 is still a beast though, I would love to take on all the 172 and 182 boys.

Diesel Power!!!!
172's are easy, Porches are the standard.

Ok depends on driver but drive hard and you'll go past a load of "fast cars" on track have a look here

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-4088532411826734648&q=dci+65

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=4390101676480895230&q=dci+65

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sOpmVnUtfQ A 172 does it in about 1.35 in that video there a 1.47 somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjE6YdqjH6k Thats a 2.10 lap of Oulton in a Williams to put it in presepective a dci65 stock can do it in 2.30
Best thing to overtake are the Porches 911's (no videos though)

There a track day at Oulton park if you fancy putting the car though its paces February the 8th or so with Easytrack a few members on here are selling there places for £95 or so list price is £140 now I think. Its a great way to find the cars limits.

^ go and watch edde at a track day, you wont believe your eyes, he can out drive the best of em in his little diesel. He'd be vicious in a fast car ;)
I had one just Mr Insurance and buying a house got in the way.

Mr Insurance didn't understand why cars need full race cages.

lmao^ mr insurance is bad ;) dont see why not they make the car safer after all :rolleyes:

Plus all the other bits it had bigger brakes so better stopping.

Noiser so peole knew it was coming.

And the rest of the engine internals was just worn pieces just replaced Ok maybe it was a lot of bits but most bits were original.

And no interier and bucket seats since I used to err take rubish to the top.

Fancy starting up your own insurance company just for me?

Chocolate Bar™
lol, shall i write them a letter telling them what a safe driver you are? you can just imagine it... "i've never seen anyone mince a 172 in a diesel clio like this boy"

seriously insurance companies are b******s, especially when it comes to mods

Clio 182
Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated, edde certainly knows his stuff. I may have to look in to gettin an Intercooler for my DCi 65. Renault said the manuals are like gold dust, I was thinking of trying a different dealership.

Thanks again :D

Last edited: