ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car - Nismo content.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
So after 5 years of using the RS2'd Stripped out noises rattletrap of a clio as my daily, I've taken a company car as part of my new job.

The clio is now parked up waiting for me to do some work on the suspension as various other bits I've been wanting to tackle but due to needing it daily have been unable to.

So today a train journey from Watford to Leighton Buzzard to pick up this:

y7e9esu7.jpg

4yha8aju.jpg

6yne6a6e.jpg

usu3u7uv.jpg

9yzanave.jpg

ugusezup.jpg

qu4asy8y.jpg

It's lovely (although I appreciate styling won't be to everyone's taste), rides nice, is plenty quick enough and has lots of nice spec, Nav, heated seats, electric everything and returned over 50 mpg on the drive home.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
There's a fair few of these in the car park now!

Good price on the Scheme for them :)

Not sure how close the engines are to the RS4 but it's a peach (with a manual box ;))

Alcantara (Spelling?) steering wheel is lovely to, apart from when I try to set the cruise control and keep hitting the horn lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How can you not love that! High up off the road, powerful, handles superbly, great kit, great MPG and a reliable brand. I facking love it. I do prefer them in White due to my OCD but none the less!

I love it, i'm very very jealous, i'm trying to arrange a second test drive on one.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
How can you not love that! High up off the road, powerful, handles superbly, great kit, great MPG and a reliable brand. I facking love it. I do prefer them in White due to my OCD but none the less!

I love it, i'm very very jealous, i'm trying to arrange a second test drive on one.

Agreed, I do like the white, if I was buying it probably look at White, black then the silver which I'm not keen on as it's a 'dirty' looking silver.

It is great, I just need to fiddle with the seating position to get it spot on. I don't think the steering column is height adjustable (not really looked).

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't it only Black and White they do? All Black wheels would be nice probably, keeping the menacing theme going. You certainly know when one is behind you! Love one with a snarling exhaust for some reason!

182 Cup & DCi 172
Driven a few at work and they are nice motors. Personally I think the wheels appear to be small even though they are 18"

Nice cars. I had some complete dick head following me in one this morning. He was so close I pulled over and let him pass. Hope it wasn't you.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Nice cars. I had some complete dick head following me in one this morning. He was so close I pulled over and let him pass. Hope it wasn't you.

Not me... 1. I wouldn't have bothered with a 1M. 2. I'm not a boy racer.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Isn't it only Black and White they do? All Black wheels would be nice probably, keeping the menacing theme going. You certainly know when one is behind you! Love one with a snarling exhaust for some reason!

Yes, Silver as well, wheels I don't like, set of GTR alloys would look ace though.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I think they look great, neighbour has a white one. Traded their RS Megane 225 in for it

Enjoy it mate , better than the usual company cars you see people in

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
Fantastic car.

I just got the wife a tekna version and can now see us upgrading to a nismo in next year or too.

suprised how little body roll in out diesel one there is! Do they do the nismo with the same gearbox as the Clio EDC then?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Fantastic car.

I just got the wife a tekna version and can now see us upgrading to a nismo in next year or too.

suprised how little body roll in out diesel one there is! Do they do the nismo with the same gearbox as the Clio EDC then?

Manual or CVT box's available.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
4wd CVT would be a stunning all year rounx bus for the wife and kid.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Good choice, I'm gutted we don't do a 4WD manual :( I should be out in a RS mule soon, can't wait.

Hopefully the RS will be on the firms car scheme so when I swap I can upgrade ;)

That said I do fancy the new J11.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Like it, I do think the std car is a bit fugly, but weirdly have a soft spot for the Nismo version.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I'd buy one or myself having now driven one. A nice sounding exhaust (although TBH it doesn't sound to bad standard) and a remap I think 225 bhp would be pretty easily achievable, it's a hoot to drive and deceptively quick.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Yeah I do, work in Chassis with Juke and Leaf responsibility. 4 months in and loving it. You up at NMUK?

I do indeed, work on Maintenance in the Trim & Chassis shop but was on secondment to New Model last year. Hoping to get back on it in few months if possible.