ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new car in november should i get a 172 or not?

mk5 fiesta zetec s
my insurance renewal is in November and i will be 19 with 2 years no claims, i currently have a mk2 ph2 1.6, is on 70.000 miles so will probs get around 2400 for it. and i am thinking about getting something a bit quicker, could i get a decent ph1 172 for around that price? or can i get another fun car for around that price that wont kill me on insurance. cheers

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Plenty of ph1's about, I would have a 172 anyday over VTS or a 106 Gti though.

mk5 fiesta zetec s
i have had a few quotes and. i pay 1900 now for my 1.6.

insurance for the Clio was 2200 so quite alot

106 gti was 1500

subaru imprezza sport 4wd was 1700 on insurance, what are they like performance wise

ST
The sport is a non turbo 2.0 with 112 or 115bhp, coupled with a four wheel drive system...you're current 1.6 would trail a impreza sport..

i have had a few quotes and. i pay 1900 now for my 1.6.

insurance for the Clio was 2200 so quite alot

106 gti was 1500

subaru imprezza sport 4wd was 1700 on insurance, what are they like performance wise

Hello mate, ive got a 200 coming in september, im 21 with 3years no claims and i had a little trouble with insurance. I was being quoted £1500 before i added my bro (29) and someone from work (32) as named drivers. It brought its down to £850 so have you tried adding someone?

Audi S1
Go for the 106 or VTR.

Did you try putting your mum/sis/aunt on the insurance as a named driver? that will reduce it

Audi S1
Hello mate, ive got a 200 coming in september, im 21 with 3years no claims and i had a little trouble with insurance. I was being quoted £1500 before i added my bro (29) and someone from work (32) as named drivers. It brought its down to £850 so have you tried adding someone?

Whos that with mate?

mk5 fiesta zetec s
all of those quotes above are with my mum on the policy. i put my aunties house down because she lives in a good postcode and it knocked around 700 quid of each quote. i hate living in the slum :(

Monaco 172 (02)
I'd go for a VTS I had one @ 19 and loved it!

Not as good as the 172 but a hell of a lot cheaper to insure and £2400 will bag a decent one!

all of those quotes above are with my mum on the policy. i put my aunties house down because she lives in a good postcode and it knocked around 700 quid of each quote. i hate living in the slum :(

I tried it with my mum on there (56) and it actually put her up for some reason so mayb try someone else maybe?

mk5 fiesta zetec s
would it be stupid to insure it at my aunties house because it brings it down a whole lot but i don't really want to get done for fraud lol

As i said
my bro 29 3 points
guy at work 32 3 points =£850
Mum 56 3 points= 1050
lol that pissed her off when i told her.

You may just need to suck it an bare it mate regarding the car, i had to wait till i was 21 for my own quick car so i think you should too :p

would it be stupid to insure it at my aunties house because it brings it down a whole lot but i don't really want to get done for fraud lol

Yes mate, just remember they dont want to payout, most people may get away with it but do you wanna be one of the ones who doesnt...

Iceberg 172

It will invalidate your policy if/when you come to claim, so your policy would effectively be a very expensive but worthless piece of paper.......

GW RS200

I would call it a terrible idea tbh. You might aswell just be upfront and sleep easy knowing your pride and joy is protected...

Get a Nissan 200sx. Cheapest way to go sideways AND were always relatively cheap to insure when I looked at them ;)

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Don't insure it at your Aunt's, If you crash (and they will check everything, in order that they don't have to pay out, especially if your young) it will invalidate your policy.

You may as well not insure it if your gonna do that.

Titanium 182
19 2 years NCB pay £2050 FC on a 182.

I'd get a lupo Gti. 1*2 aren't even that fast after owning one for 2 months it feels pretty normal. Obviously its quicker than most standard stuff but its not blow your head off fast.

mk5 fiesta zetec s
yeah i have checked an mx5 1.8 and doesn't seem too bad on insurance. i would want one that is not that girly, maybe get a matt black one if i could find one with a few smart mods.

i don't think i would be able to afford a lupo gti mate, i just want a fun car as i am at uni anyway so wont be used as much as my clio is now.