ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car help

Going to be looking at a new car sometime this year (possibly) Already spoken to Daniel, so thanks for his advice so far.

I have 3 choices - based on what i like :)

Megane 250 - white with black wheels
Clio 200 - white with white wheels
Focus RS - white or green

Im a MASSIVE noob when it comes to car finance, so be gentle :eek:

Lookers have an offer on the megane and clio,

Clio is £999 deposit, and £199 per month for 24months
Megane is £1999 deposit and £199 per month for 24 months

I assume after 24 months i can change the car? This suits me really.

WANT the focus RS (Be happy to keep it longer) but in green or white really, take this

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1624787.htm

According to there website, it would be 60 months with a £4k deposit and it would still be £434pm, most finance options come in at around this including for themselves (Fook that), im looking to put a £5000max deposit down.

Im assuming with the renault options, im just financing the depreciation amount?

I cant seem to find a similar option with the Ford?

Any ideas welcome, or comments to point me towards the best car.

Love the megane, but love the clio being small and nimble, Focus RS is bonkers, but if its going to be £500pm its a no.

Budget is max of £380pm

i wouldnt really bind myself into such a heafty contract which id be tied into for so long, indeed you have the car, but you might get to a point where you think, this isnt worth it apart from you cant do anything about it and trying to get out can put you into financial difficulty.

I think finance is only a good option when you put down a deposit which is more than half of the value of the car as to an extent it aleviates the financial stress so to speak and inevitably frees up cash. This isnt the case, and since your max is 5k, id go for the cheapest option which would be the 200, mainly based on the reasons above.

Even if you get a good deal on the FRS, its will still be rather dear, might be best to wait for the price to come down abit, they are still relatively new and will always be there in future.

Think the Clio or megane seem a better deal.

As you say I think a £25-£30k might be to much for me at the moment.

Guess I need to test drive the megane and Clio to see which I prefer

Iceberg 172
I'd read the small print on the leasing deals... if you plan on keeping it std and not doing spaceship miles then you're fine, but you'll probably be restricted to £10k miles per year, if you go over it you'll get stung.

I'd love to lease as I think it's a superb idea... My mate had a merc ml on lease... over the 3 years he had it he saved himself about £5k (not exactly but for example he paid £15k for it over 3 years but it would of lost £20k in dep). But I'd want to mod it and then it gets tricky for warranty plus having to put it back to std etc.

I would get into HP... as said above, you're tied in for 5 years! That's a long time to own a car for in my book (i've had 12 in 5 years!). FRS is a good car but it looks awful imo.

Lotus Exige, 182
That is very good for the clio 200, given what I use my 182 for I think I'll have a test drive and see how the 2 compare as I could go with a trade in. Insurance is no difference as well!

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
ok so youve asked people on a clio forum what they would prefer .... u must like the 3 of them so its all down to finances here ... if u can afford it get the frs if u can afford a bit more than the clio get the megane and if u think theres more to life than paying a car every month get the clio and still be happy! ethier way ure still gonna own a hot hatch!!

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Not that im the expert on finance, however why waste a lot of money on a brand new car when you can pick up a 1 owner one private for 2/3k off list price-

buy an 09 or 59- or wait for a 1 owner 10 plate--

save your money for the max deposit & take the shortest unsecured loan you can afford-

based on a 15k Clio 200 with a 5k deposit you can borrow 10k over 3 years & pay ~ £320 PCM or do 30 months around £375-

at least then after 3 years you will have some good equity left-- 9k ish-

looking at the lookers deal it is pretty good but like for like over 3 years you will be more out of pocket on new than a 1 owner car-

S

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
No point in getting a 200 really. May as well get a Megane R26 if you don't mind the age. R26 is cheaper, quicker, same brakes, more tuning potential and better mpg and less depreciation. If I get another fast Renault chances are it will be that.

Some of these monthly amounts are crazy for a car. If you went to your max budget it's not too far away from mortgage money.

d6n

Ph2 172
i've just gone backwards, as i was sick of paying the finance.

But if that's what you want to do go for it, i'd go for the 250 if it was me.

320d
It would be a shame to see the 172 go after all the work you've put into it. However a FRS would be an awesome replacement.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Must resist......!

Ummm yeah, they seem to be punting them out for less than ones on the 2nd hand market (cash price) - must have bought a job lot!!

And the monthly price is considerably less than just leasing one via a broker :eek: Oh dear. I know what ill be doing tomorrow. Test drives. lol.

Last edited:
  Lotus Exige, 182
Ummm yeah, they seem to be punting them out for less than ones on the 2nd hand market (cash price) - must have bought a job lot!!

And the monthly price is considerably less than just leasing one via a broker :eek: Oh dear. I know what ill be doing tomorrow. Test drives. lol.

I've got one booked for tomorrow and my local dealer has agreed to match the lookers offer. It is only the cup spec version to which the offer applies(I think), but I am sorely tempted, test drive dependant. Just hoping it doesn't p1ss all over the 182 and therefore gives me a reason not to do it - and my missus would kill me!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
With that deal, i presume you could just hand it back after 2 years?

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Yep

New Clio 200 Cup (with no options)

£999 deposit/£199 per month

based on 6k per annum.

4.5% APR

Delivery July

And yeah, you can just hand it back at the end if you want (subject to condition)

Optional final payment £8725

Should have a bit of equity at the end too :approve:

PM if anyone wants to know more;)

Rich

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Yeah you can add any options as offer is valid on factory builds (A/C £565)

No profit deal, to get to targets. Then the offer will stop!

172, Tiguan
Rich, can you get a monthly price @ 12k a year and with recaros and A/C included please.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd want at least 12k mileage, speedlines, possibly 'caro's!