ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car Checklist

Alright

Im picking up my new 182 this tuesday and since its my first new car and my first clio i was wondering if anyone had any pointers to look out for, to add to the list i have compiled below, before driving off into the sun.

External
1. Check all bodywork, windows and wheels for dents bumps and scratches etc.
2. Check all lights work.
3. Check boot/engine cover opens and closes perfectly.
4. Check doors are aligned and open and close perfectly
5. Check tyres look brand spanking.

Internal
1. Check all internal electrics - windows, alarm, lights, cd radio dashboard lights, indicators and central locking etc.
2. Check internal finishes havent been damaged, marked or torn.
3. Seat belts
4. Check that storage net and ilo wheel foam thing is there.
5. Carpet mats

Paperwork
1. Reg docs
2. Dealers pre-delivery inspection docs.
3. Road tax
4. Tank of fuel
5. Manual and service books
6. 2 sets of keys? do they both have the fob for the alarm is this standard issue?
Paid receipt
7. Miscellaneous docs i dont know about yet.
8. VIN and chasis numbers check these with docs.

Engine
1. Start it and listne for any noises.
2. Chek out exhaust?
3. Let it tick over for a bit.

If anyone can think of anything that they had issues with when they got their new clio i would appreciate your comments.

Then once i have got any probs sorted or dealer aknowledges defects in writing i gun off into the sun and head off to the U2 concert.

Cheers

Wan

Silver 182 F/F

Youll see it,get in it and drive off in 5 minutes and forget all about your check list.I drove mine off and never noticed a big dent in the rear arch,but my mates soon spotted it.Like isay youll be too excited.

Good luck

p.s two keys with fobs.and make sure you get the clips that hold the carpet matts down,mine where missing.

and the net in the boot, i never got mine and have since found out they are £30 or there abouts. oh and that the engine cover is screwed down, mine is missing 2 screws!!!!

106 GTi

Do a search there was a really good checklist in word kicking around when I brought mine.

I second the matt clips, mine where missing, should also be 2 cans off tyre weld, and lots off manuals, general Clio, Renault Sport Supplement, Alarm one and Cat 1 cert, Stereo, Warrenty, dealer list.

Ziel Nurburgring

Check around the spoiler & bumpers for paint overspray and ensure the slitter is fitted if youve ordered the cup/cup packs.

Caterham/172/XC90/RX7

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 17 June 2005

Check around the spoiler & bumpers for paint overspray and ensure the slitter is fitted if youve ordered the cup/cup packs.
Yeh, Make sure you check the splitter if youve ordered the cup pack! I picked up my 182 cup the other week which had it missing, its fitted now though! :D

Enjoy the new motor!

Quote: Originally posted by Wan82 on 16 June 2005

Alright

Im picking up my new 182 this tuesday and since its my first new car and my first clio i was wondering if anyone had any pointers to look out for, to add to the list i have compiled below, before driving off into the sun.

DONT SIGN ANYTHING OR PAY TILL IM HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING

External
1. Check all bodywork, windows and wheels for dents bumps and scratches etc.
2. Check all lights work.
3. Check boot/engine cover opens and closes perfectly.
4. Check doors are aligned and open and close perfectly
5. Check tyres look brand spanking.
6. Check front splitter and paint finish local to it.

7. Check rear spolier

Internal
1. Check all internal electrics - windows, alarm, lights, cd radio dashboard lights, indicators and central locking etc.
2. Check internal finishes havent been damaged, marked or torn.
3. Seat belts
4. Check that storage net and ilo wheel foam thing is there 2 tins?.
5. Carpet mats and clips

6. Check mileage is below 10miles

Paperwork
1. Reg docs
2. Dealers pre-delivery inspection docs.
3. Road tax
4. Tank of fuel
5. Manual clio and renaultsport ones and service books
6. 2 sets of keys? do they both have the fob for the alarm is this standard issue?
Paid receipt
7. Miscellaneous docs i dont know about yet.
8. VIN and chasis numbers check these with docs.

9. Warranty docs.

10. Cat 1 alram cert

Engine
1. Start it and listne for any noises.
2. Chek out exhaust?
3. Let it tick over for a bit.

If anyone can think of anything that they had issues with when they got their new clio i would appreciate your comments.

Then once i have got any probs sorted or dealer aknowledges defects in writing i gun off into the sun and head off to the U2 concert.

Cheers

Wan
Cheers all. My list has been updated.

[Edited by Wan82 on 17 June 2005 at 1:35pm]