ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New cams for clio172 mk1

Clio RS 172

Hey lads.

I live in Denmark, and here Renault tuning is a town in Iraq :sick:

And there is only sold 15 clio172 in Dk :cry:

But, im looking at new cams... Shuld i go for Kent cams, og Schrick cams ?

And btw. a Clio mk1 costed in Dk when i came in 00 £25.000

And now the new one costs £32.000

Happy thoughts

|sAs|

Lionel Richie

£32000 for a Mk2 172, does that include the 24ct gold wheels???

Import one from the rest of europe eg holland or EVEN germany!!! £12000 at the most!!!!

From what ive read/heard, the std cams are pretty much the best you can get.

If you want more power its best to go for a sealed induction kit + exhaust + an ECU remap, but that will give you about 10bhp max!!!

If you want major power increase you need to go for Throttle bodies, these should give you about 210bhp!!!!! but with cost you over £2000

yup, the std cams are wild already and you wont gaint any peak BHP but you will loose drivability at lower RPM.

Kent dont do any for the 172, and i have not checked Schrick but teh std cams are hollow and chillcast so not everybody can make them. I think only a few French companies actually made some for the 172 which basically did nothing for power.

Dont bother, get some throttle bodies.

Clio RS 172

Att: Fred2001Dynamic.

The price of £32.000 is for the normal 172 :sick:

If i import, i have to pay tax of that amount, typicaly 180% of the price U gave for the import... Denmark is THE most non friendly car country in the world...

A clio 1,2 costs £13.000

And no benefit for that cost!

you never just jump to cams if you can make power wihtout changing them, any change in prifile makes more power, but your jsut moving it up the rpm scale.

Why do this when the std cams are fine for 200+bhp?

I did not say anything that You shoud fit these. just an answer to question. i have really no business in making him buy them - believe me... he/she doesn;t live in poland, but in Denmark ;)

i wanst saying you did/were....just that there is no point....

i know you wouldnt advise people to buy things for no reason.