ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New camera + snow!

German V6
Bought a DSLR(canon 1100D) always wanted to get into photography and ended up buying one yesterday for an early birthday present for myself and it just happened to snow thought I'd take advantage of that and put my nooby skills to the test lol don't be too hard on the criticism please , only one of the 10 I took turned out okay, any hints or tips are appreciated :)

sMhSm.jpgAUxiI.jpgucBB5.jpg

Renaultsport Clio 182
Incase you're interested there's a Groupon deal in the Bristol area (advertised today) for 3.5 hour DSLR photography lesson for £35.... pretty cheap and would definite aid with your new purchase

Shoot in RAW, get a tripod and get photoshop to sort the white balance. Will make your pictures look epic.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
3rd pictures the best! Don't get the other two? I've got an slr camera and I'm yet to know how to work it. I just press auto and shoot away. Silly me

German V6
Shoot in RAW, get a tripod and get photoshop to sort the white balance. Will make your pictures look epic.

Tripod next item on the list, been shooting in RAW+L anyway's that's the first thing I got told to do.

3rd pictures the best! Don't get the other two? I've got an slr camera and I'm yet to know how to work it. I just press auto and shoot away. Silly me

The other two where to show how badly I fail lol .

Disastra Coupe

He should have the Canon software with his camera, can alter the white balance with that.

I agree with above comments though. RAW, tripod and some editing software. Lightroom, Photoshop and the likes :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Snow is easy TBH.

408153_10151247266665154_564565153_23202775_1098000025_n.jpg

This was taken about 5 minutes ago.

10mm, ISO 100, f/13, 30 seconds, 2500K.

/done

No point shooting RAW + jpg - you'll end up with a load of jpgs you never use/look at/do anything with at all. Just edit and convert those you need to into jpgs for uploading after...

Disastra Coupe
I wish it would stop snowing. I hate the stuff but if it's here i'd like to go get some nice shot's of it. Can't though because it's like a bloody blizzard! Lol.

German V6
I wish it would stop snowing. I hate the stuff but if it's here i'd like to go get some nice shot's of it. Can't though because it's like a bloody blizzard! Lol.

was all gone a few hours ago , rain came and killed it all and my fun :(

2.2 bar shed.
You'll want to expose with 1/3rd to 2/3rds extra exposure as well else you'll end up with grey snow.