ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New bit for the Clio

Delta.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No excuses now for not putting the lap times in though :(

Going to be logging all four wheel speeds, damper travel, RPM, Coolant, Oil Pressure, VVT Actuation, Throttle Position, load (i.e. MAP), Gearbox temp, EGT, Lateral and Longitudinal G and probably a few other bits.

Cheers
M

Need to sort some linear pots out for damper travel measurement and some ABS sensors from an ABS equipped Clio for wheel speed...... then make a loom up etc. etc.

Expect it to make it onto the car and then log RPM and G only for about a year until I get around to it LOL. I reckon I can simplify the engine sensor side of things by tapping into the CANbus for some low update rate data such as coolant temp - would need to figure out the CAN protocol details for it though and thats a lot of effort.

They are pretty reasonably priced new for how capable they are and the quality of the data its possible to log i.e 500 samples per second logging rate.

Cheers
M

Last edited: