ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New battery needed in the cup... Bosch from halfords ok?

So the battery has Been fubar'd for a while now... So it's deffo time to bite the bullet. Popped into halfords for the 063 jobbie and found the Bosch silver number for about £90. Want little hassle I.e not ordering online etc... This battery a goodun? Or should I be going elsewhere?

Thanks as always all... :)

Dan

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I got a Bosch Silver one from Halfords, No issue with it at all and has a 7 year warranty (Might be 5 but its long)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
yeah bosch is great....but not for £90.

you can them for half of that at a motor factor!

You can get them much cheaper from a motor factors. I saved about £40 by going to a motor factors for one.

ITB BG 182
I got one of the bosch silver ones in my car, its not let me down once yet and definatly no problems starting the car.

try sweet talking dealers to see if you can get one at trade - £90's mental for a car battery!
It is mental from Halfords, but make friends with one of the staff and get their discount then you get them for £50 with 5 years warrenty.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Agree with above, Halfords are mentally overpriced but Bosch batteries are awesome. I've got one on my Clio van and its not moved since xmas. Got in it about two weeks ago and it started first turn of the key!

ITB'd MK1
I've had a few silver-calcium batteries now, they're excellent in general, seem to be able to get much higher CCA from a smaller bettery