ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New alternator + fitting cost

Burgandy 174 sport t
where are you?

Reckon it will be about 70 quid exchange if you can find a wee place that does that

Recaro'd 182
mine failed last week i was due a cambelt change in april so had the lot done then. was just charged for the alternator no labour. but that was just shy of £200!

Clio 182
I have a 172 alternator i was given today that was working that you can have matey, drop me a pm if needs be

Ph1
All you need to know is it will be roughly 250 quid ;) (check 1st)

You dont get charged if they take longer, dosent work like that as its Renault recommended time scale.

Racing Blue 182
No wonder we havn't heard much about Renault going down the sh1tter under this 'credit-crunch', it would seem their Service & Parts departments are keeping them ticking over nicely with those prices! And I thought Subaru were expensive! Not a shadow on Renault!

I'm sure you must be able to get one cheaper on exchange from a Motorfactor, and fit it yourself? I'm a qual'd mechanic (not by trade though) and have changed many an alternator without too much issue...

Help and advice from anyone else...?

Ph1
No wonder we havn't heard much about Renault going down the sh1tter under this 'credit-crunch', it would seem their Service & Parts departments are keeping them ticking over nicely with those prices! And I thought Subaru were expensive! Not a shadow on Renault!

I'm sure you must be able to get one cheaper on exchange from a Motorfactor, and fit it yourself? I'm a qual'd mechanic (not by trade though) and have changed many an alternator without too much issue...

Help and advice from anyone else...?

250 exchange, new aux belt and fully fitted isnt bad at all - What you wanting it to be?? Free or something lol

Racing Blue 182
Lol! Maybe I'm just too used to doing jobs myself and only having to pay for parts! When you put it like that, I suppose it's not too bad, but generally, I still think Renault are expensive - certainly in comparison to Subaru, Peugeot, Honda and what was Rover!

Anyway, I'll shut-up now so we can get back to helping d-anie-l get a good price!

Ph1
Some things are crazy priced, like the exhaust spring gasket kit to name but one but got to say 250 for the mentioned aint too bad all in all.

Yeah agree on the DIY thing. Saved hundreds doing that myself plus the handy trade cards ;)

Audi TT
£250 from renault?

I need mine doing on Monday and am in melton mowbray. 3 renault garages I can think of fairly local so will be ringing them all to get prices.

Audi TT
Just been quoted over £600 by Williams Renault in Grantham but if I supply the part it's only £161 for labour inc VAT. Are they using a gold plated unit or something!?!

Someone with a bit more knowledge and a part number or better still a valeo number for a standard 172 alternator please chip in. My car is a 2004 model on a 53 plate so one of the last 172's.

Clio Hybrid / S3
Just been quoted over £600 by Williams Renault in Grantham but if I supply the part it's only £161 for labour inc VAT. Are they using a gold plated unit or something!?!

Someone with a bit more knowledge and a part number or better still a valeo number for a standard 172 alternator please chip in. My car is a 2004 model on a 53 plate so one of the last 172's.

That's a complete rip off. They've always been pretty cheap for me though apart from the odd thing but i only just buy the part from them...