ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 200 Written Off

ST
And the care police have been informed...as above, any new car less than a year old is replaced by the insurance.

RB One Eight Two
Sh*t me! I wasn't expecting the car to be that bad. Such a shame but at least your ok. Hope it all gets sorted for you

Ad

MK2 FRS
And the care police have been informed...as above, any new car less than a year old is replaced by the insurance.

True, but only if you are first registered keeper. I was the second on my 182 and got market value, written into the small print!

Mondeo TDCi
gutting, glad your ok. this happened to me a while back. the car the hit me from behind had to pay for all the cars in front to be repaired/written off. major hassle though.

Fiesta ST2
glad your OK mate looks nasty..

fyi to all saying about the airbags no matter if he is stationary or moving they will only go off at a certain force/direction of impact.. if they are hit in a certain way they are very sensitive things and go off only when really needed.. otherwise they could cause more damage going off if they are not needed! also the cars made to crumple so the drivers more protected..

PS 200
:dapprove: sad to see (although at least it hides the nose lol)
Actually the nose (or the tongue etc) seems to have survived almost intact - Almost a defiant finger up to the haters ;)

OP - Hope it all get sorted without too much $hite from insurers - Glad you seem to be taking it in your stride.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a shame mate, least you can get a decent spec next time around right?

PH1 V6
sorry to see this mate, main thing is your in one piece! although from what it looks like the other guys insurance company will be paying out for a new car for you :) round 2 lol

also i have seen you in this before around tunbridge wells as im over that way now and again! looks (looked) SWEET!

Bumder With A Buffer
Unlucky....... Easy spin on this-- you were hit from behind & hit the person infront Thats clearly what you should be saying-

Gap insurance FTW-

You shouldnt be out of pocket....

S

You say that...A few years ago my mate was in a similar accident on the M1 somewhere. Cars in front stopped suddenly as did he. The car behind him ploughed into the back of him and caused him to go into the car infront, her to go into the car in front of her etc.

As far as im aware (and this was 4 years ago) no-one has still been paid out as the guy at the back was contesting it saying my mate stopped too quick. Mental.

Iceberg Ph1
Absolutly gutting! I been looking at 200's recently and they are growing on me pretty quickly! It's a shame to have it smashed up as quick as that!

Hope it all gets sorted pretty sharpish mate and glad everyone was ok!

Bit of a shame mate, least you can get a decent spec next time around right?

Can you actually get away with doing this? ;)

You say that...A few years ago my mate was in a similar accident on the M1 somewhere. Cars in front stopped suddenly as did he. The car behind him ploughed into the back of him and caused him to go into the car infront, her to go into the car in front of her etc.

As far as im aware (and this was 4 years ago) no-one has still been paid out as the guy at the back was contesting it saying my mate stopped too quick. Mental.

Thats a bit sh!t.. Surely a car 'Can't stop to quick', regardless the driver from behind didn't leave sufficient space and hit the other car from behind.. Usually pretty cut and shut case!

Corsa Van. Meh.

I had the same happen to me. Took 9 months and the possibility of going to court to eventually get it resolved. I got hit from behind and pushed into an old lady in front. The lady that hit me from behind told her insurance that I had already hit the lady in front and she was only liable for hitting me. Got sorted in the end mind.

Mini Cooper S sport
Actually the nose (or the tongue etc) seems to have survived almost intact - Almost a defiant finger up to the haters ;)

I meant that at least the frog face isn't the first thing you notice anymore :p

;)

Still a shame to see a brand new car smashed up.

Clio 1970000000
Gutted for you. Car looks a bloody mess but it has done its job deforming so that the impact does less damage to the people inside.

Alibi Blue 200
Gutted, seen so many accidents over the years down that road!! Keep us updated anyway :)

yeah its not the best of roads, it really needs dual carriage all the way down as well but that's never going happen

Seen so many people get frustrated and make stupid over takes on it

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Saw this a week or so ago around town, looked really nice. At least your ok! The A21 is a crap road, especially between Johns Cross to the Shell Garage.

Clio 182ff
Strange how its much better looking that way ;)

I feel for you dude - there has been a lot of clio related crashes lately, shame that.