ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NETGEAR DG834G replacement

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Unreliable? Try a firmware update first - those routers are mega. (Yeah - I said Mega lol)

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
Unreliable? Try a firmware update first - those routers are mega. (Yeah - I said Mega lol)

I shall look into doing this tomorrow. It's started dropping out and been getting error messages. To be fair it has done well, had it plugged in for 5 years now.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Mine's easily on 5 years... TV, 2 PC's, Xbox and several WiFi connects - Solid.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
these are probably the best home router ever sold. update your firmware and see if that fixes it. if not, check the logs and see whats going wrong, it may be another problem with your phoneline etc. IF your replacing, I would buy another netgear like the DGN1000.

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
It died whilst updating the firmware this morning. I bought anothe netgear from maplin in the end, shame but I couldn't waste time trying to fix it with 3 members of staff twiddling their thumbs and customers due in. The thing was totally mashed couldn't log on to it at all or get it to reset.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Would you believe mine... right now is not connecting to the net lol.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Netgear DG834 has been around for YEARS. They're generally faultless, if you're having problems I would suggest firmware for a start, as they go on and on and on.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Appears mine is fine... my supplier has incorrectly cut my connection! Unimpressive.

Clio 182 FF
Cisco linksys is pretty decent stuff, what you'd expect from cisco really lol. Draytek's aren't bad few customers that I deal with have them seem alright cope ok with a lot of traffic most of time occationally they f**k up but thats more a DSL fault. DSL is shite.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Cisco linksys is pretty decent stuff, what you'd expect from cisco really lol. Draytek's aren't bad few customers that I deal with have them seem alright cope ok with a lot of traffic most of time occationally they f**k up but thats more a DSL fault. DSL is s**te.

I wouldn't say that the Cisco Linksys range are exactly Cisco though are they ;) But for a cheap router they aren't bad, I've got one at home that touch wood has been ok for the last year or so, but they are not a 'proper' Cisco bit of kit by any means.

Drayteks are nice, used them a lot for my folks offices and they've always been rock solid.