ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Netbook or laptop?

Girlfriend has a 2 year old Acer - and thebattery is buggered and fails now and again. We both like the look of note books and it says it'll do everything we need - internet etc.

My only reservation is Windows XP - is everything new compatable with it? IE 8? and whatever else. I don't want to get it and realise that i caxnt get full use of the internet (Flash etc).

Can anyone confirm?

Sy

Clio DCi 65
Not had any problems at all with my Samsung NC10 Netbook.

Works fine for surfing the net, watching video's etc and running all my downloads.

Runs pretty quickly too with awesom battery life!

Scirocco GT 2.0
Depends what you want, if you want it to behave and have the capability to run games, juicy software etc then get a ordinary laptop but if you want something that will do simple functions like the internet etc and you want it small then get a netbook

Last edited:
  Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
You'll be perfectly fine with a Netbook running XP for the next 3 years atleast.

They are designed PURELY for net use.
Also, (basic) programs (such as IE, Firefox, Thunderbird etc) will continually be wrote to work with XP for atleast 2 years, as many people still havent moved to Vista.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Depends what you want, if you want it to behave and have the capability to run games, juicy software etc then get a ordinary laptop but if you want something that will do simple functions like the internet etc and you want it small then get a netbook

You'll be perfectly fine with a Netbook running XP for the next 3 years atleast.

They are designed PURELY for net use.
Also, (basic) programs (such as IE, Firefox, Thunderbird etc) will continually be wrote to work with XP for atleast 2 years, as many people still havent moved to Vista.

Na, my netbooks do everything my full size laptops do.

The only difference is screen size and other obvious things. If you want a power house to play games and run 'juicy' software as you put it.. buy a desktop !

Netbook it is then, thinking of gettin an Acer one... Another question..

I've currently got an acer laptop and when i got it it came with loads of acer crap on it running in the back ground. I take it because netbooks are minimal it won't have this guff on it to start with?

Scirocco GT 2.0
Na, my netbooks do everything my full size laptops do.

The only difference is screen size and other obvious things. If you want a power house to play games and run 'juicy' software as you put it.. buy a desktop !

Why do that when you can get a high-spec laptop which does the same job?

I don't like being restricted to a Desktop

Last edited:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Because as high a spec laptop you can get I could get a higher spec desktop.