ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need some help

172 rep
Ok, I've got an '04 1.2 16v. Recently it's been playing up. When you accelerate, it just struggles, I can have my foot to the floor and it won't move, or I'll be driving along the motorway at like 70, and the car will just die, the speed drops to like 50 and then it'll go again.

I was suggested maybe the coil pack or TDC sensor. So I dropped it off to Renault to have some diagnostics done (just thinking it was the coil pack).

They had the car for a week, no faults were showing on the computer, and they were just baffled. I did have an induction kit on the car, but they took this off and put the original back on just to check (although that's been on for about 6 months so I knew it wasn't that). There's also an exhaust on it, but their under the impression it wouldn't be that either.

So, if anybody has any ideas atall, it would be very useful as I'm sort of stuck atm, I don't want to spend money swapping bits until I find out what it is, because it's under warranty, but they won't pay out until they know what the fault is!! :mad:

Titanium 182
Sounds like a intermittent coil pack. My 106's coil pack went and it would not go above 50mph on the motorway. Also sounded a bit wierd, more boomy.

172 cup
not sure on yours as there is a couple usually a strap to gearbox, but mine was a loose battery terminal