ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help with warning lights

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Was driving up the road earlier when theses lights came on the dash and the car stalled itself. I hadn't even traveled 200yrds from my house when it happened. Car wont start now at all. Was thinking it could be some bad petrol as it spluttered before the lights came on? My drivers handbook says its either a coolant temperature light or Electronic fault and preheating warning light. Any one know what the problem could be?? Spark plugs maybe? have checked the oil & its spot on.

Its the lights above the handbrake & battery thats on. The Electronic fault and preheating warning light flashes

Any ideas??

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
it could be any number of things. It needs to be connected to Renaults computer.

To be certain , you mean the one with the sqiggly line in it, yes?

Arctic Blue Clio 182
The coolant temperature light (one circled in the pic) came on first when the car stalled.

The other light comes on when the key is turned on to try start the car. im not sure if its meant to be on?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
They all should come on and then go out shortly after.
Perhaps you have a coolant temp sensor fault. Again, though best to get it diagnosed by renault, especially if the electronic fault light doesnt go out.

im assuming youve checked your coolant levels.

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Yea have done. will try get a look at it 2maro morning. Might have to get the car towed to renault then.

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Ok, so got the car running again but when changin the spark plugs one lead has broken of inside the plug tube. ive changed the other 3 just, cant get the 4th plug out. anyone any idea how to get it out as only the tip has broken of inside the tube?

heres a pic to try clear things up.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/5494/photo0669qp5.jpg
Also where can i get a new lead and how do i change it?

Thanks

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Sorted it myself today. was the coilpack that was causing the problems. all lights of now after changing it :)

Ok, so got the car running again but when changin the spark plugs one lead has broken of inside the plug tube. ive changed the other 3 just, cant get the 4th plug out. anyone any idea how to get it out as only the tip has broken of inside the tube?

Also where can i get a new lead and how do i change it?
Err try with some long pliers to get them out but err that gonna be a pain. Or else its head off.

New leads Renault.