ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help with a few problems?

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
Hi all,

Having a few problems with my 2006 Clio 1.4 MK3.

1. There's a grinding noise when i go over bumps, hardly noticeable in warm weather but when its chilly its pretty loud and cringey.
2. Slight judder when braking (steering wheel shakes slightly)
3. Slight misfire on idle and keeps coming up with a cylinder misfire fault code
4. Car judders when taking off in first gear, mainly noticeable when engine/weather is cold

These are my plans and the parts i have ordered to try combat the above:

1. Already changed the ARB Link Arms. Have ordered Wishbone Bushes, ARB Bushes, Lower Ball Joints and Track Rod Ends to try combat problem 1 above. Any other common problems related to this?
2. Ordered Brembo Discs and Pagid pads. The discs and pads on there at the moment are cheap and nasty so guessing problem 2 above may be related to this?
3. Changed oil and filter last week. Have ordered 4 NGK Spark Plugs, 4 Ignition Coils, Air Filter and Fuel Filter in attempt to combat problem 3 above (new coilpack was fitted under warranty last year by the garage i bought the car from, pretty sure they are cheapy ones though and i have no idea what plugs they put in but guessing they are cheapy ones also)
4. Not got a clue about this one? any ideas? Im thinking clutch, but clutch does not slip in any gear, just judders when taking off in first mainly noticeable when engine/weather is cold? Could it be a driveshaft problem?

All help appreciated!

Last edited:
  '06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
Took the throttle body off and gave it a good clean with Carb cleaner and a toothbrush as it as pretty mucky! Replaced the air filter with a new one also, the previous one was not that bad to be honest as it was changed around 6 months ago.

Idle seems to be slightly better but the slight misfire is still there, going to fit the new plugs and coils on the weekend but could there be anything else causing this?

I think there may be a possible air leak coming from somewhere as it can be heard when dipping the accelerator, any ideas if there are any common areas for air leakage on these engines?