ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need help fast please ignition barrel

clio 172
just went to get in my car and turn the key and it will not turn ?

the steering lock wasnt on but is after moving steering wheel ! key goes in fine and all look ok just wont turn at tried wiggling etc but nothing

Any one help me please ???

the car is a 52 plate renault clio !

Clio MK3 dynamique S
Hi, Had the same with my mk2 (if i put my key in 1 way it wont go in and if i put it in the other way it will), if you notice on the key there are lines running down it (theres some thing stuck in the lock) , try putting wd4o in the barrel its self and the key, if tha dun work get some thing that will fit in the barrel and wiggle it around 4 a bit then try the key again, if not u'll need a locksmith.

172 /megane cab
Has this on my cup when it was only a year old key would sometimes get stuck in the barrel new barrel you will need

I've had this before, A little spring thing falls out of the barrel and jams itself somewhere so you can't work the barrel. Easy enough to replace though but if you just replace the barrel and not the whole lock set you'll have to have two keys