ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need centre bore increased in Bristol area

Arctic 182FF
Centre bore on the wheels I have is too small and I need them increased from 57.1mm to 60.1mm. I've rang up some local engineeringy type places, some of them won't do it and the cheapest quote I've had is £80 for the set of 4 wheels.

Is there anyone nearby who would be able to do it? Or could anyone recommend a place that would do it for cheaper than £80 (assuming there is somewhere)?

Thanks

Petrol Blue 182.
I paid £20 to have a set bored out. Just go down to a local place cash in hand. Takes literally 5 mins of thier time.

Arctic 182FF
I paid £20 to have a set bored out. Just go down to a local place cash in hand. Takes literally 5 mins of thier time.

Thanks for the reply. £20 would be great, is it engineering places I should be looking for? I'm struggling to put together a google search because I don't really know what sort of place I'm looking for.

Petrol Blue 182.
Thanks for the reply. £20 would be great, is it engineering places I should be looking for? I'm struggling to put together a google search because I don't really know what sort of place I'm looking for.

Yeah, just any independant places really! Just type Engineering into Yell.com or something.

Pop down and say you've got £20 will they do it for you?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Barnett Ring Vince at Bristol auto care, based in St George. (You'll have to google his number) Very helpful bloke that has his own machine shop. If he can't do it, he'll know where to send you for sure.

Arctic 182FF
I'll do that immediately, thanks so much.

EDIT: Just rang him, he said his machinery is too large to do that sort of thing and recommend I just use a dremel to get the centre bore big enough to fit over and that the wheel bolts would centre the wheel anyway.
I don't feel confident in doing that personally but he was helpful nonetheless.

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A dremel?! Flol! I think he assumes everyone is as handy as he is.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I had some 8J 17's bored out from 55 to 67.1 not many places could fit them on the beds of machines, 15's were easy.